Skip to content
Multi-Family and Apartment Investing

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy K.
  • Physician
  • Round Rock, TX
Votes |
I have the cash, not sure where to go from here...

Jeremy K.
  • Physician
  • Round Rock, TX
Posted Aug 30 2015, 18:57

Hey all, thanks in advance for your time. Hopefully this post doesn't get too long...

I am a physician living in Texas and have always had an interest in real estate. I have never owned an investment property, but I have always entertained the idea. I am definitely interested in adding real estate to my portfolio, but I don't want to be a landlord (or buy REITs) and think Commercial Multifamily Real-estate is an avenue I want to pursue. However, I am a little overwhelmed by the amount of information you need to know or order to find these properties and make informed decisions (it is an entirely new language, and just like medical lingo, it takes time to learn). 

I really like the idea of investing with a "syndication" or large partnership where I can invest my cash in small to large apartments, and have the seasoned real-estate pros do what they do best (find the best properties).

The problem is, I am lost and need guidance about how to find an investment group which I can trust. I am definitely dedicated to learning all I can in this field, so I will feel intellectually involved with the purchases and can make correct decisions (I am sure much of this comes with experience). 

Basically: How on earth do I find partnerships/syndications/investment groups I can trust in order to pursue my goal of becoming involved with Multi-Family Realestate?

Also besides listending to the podcasts on this website, reading the "Ultimate Beginner's Guide," reading Steve Berges "The Complete Guide to Buying and Selling Apartment Buildings," are there any other resources you would recommend for me?

Thanks Again!

-Jeremy

Loading replies...