Looking for Multi-Family Investor in Cleveland

Looking for Multi-Family Investor in Cleveland

Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 1 vote

I am a full time real estate investor living in Sacramento. I just purchased a duplex in the Colinwood area (kind rough I know). I am actively looking for multi-unit residential focusing on the West Side of Cleveland I figure it would be a good idea to establish some contacts for lending in the 5-unit+ multi-family arena.

One question I have is regarding a specific property. Its a 5 unit with 5 lease agreements. It is old converted home like many others in Cleveland. Are there any issues I should be aware of on a property like this?

Contacts and information are greatly appreciated.

Chris Thomas

0Reply
21 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 857 votes
    9y

    Anything over 4 units is considered commercial. You will need to find a commercial lender.

    Does each unit have separate utility(gas and electricity) meters?

  • David TerbeekPro Member
    Property Manager · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 260 posts · 162 votes
    9y

    I have a guy that might be able to help with small commercial, if you want to connect.  BTW, Collinwood is not bad :) - I have owned several properties there over the years and still do a lot of business there.

  • Equity Raiser and Turnkey Provider · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Chris Thomas:

    I am a full time real estate investor living in Sacramento. I just purchased a duplex in the Colinwood area (kind rough I know). I am actively looking for multi-unit residential focusing on the West Side of Cleveland I figure it would be a good idea to establish some contacts for lending in the 5-unit+ multi-family arena.

    One question I have is regarding a specific property. Its a 5 unit with 5 lease agreements. It is old converted home like many others in Cleveland. Are there any issues I should be aware of on a property like this?

    Contacts and information are greatly appreciated.

    Chris Thomas

    Like many MFRs there are always risks involved. Many times they do not work out as they seem. The more units you have the more issues might come up!

    I'd check out Single Family vs. Multi-Family Investments for a bit more information.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.