Need help to determine what budget I should submit to my GC.

Need help to determine what budget I should submit to my GC.

Port Richey, FL · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes

I have just been approached to submit a bid for a 6 month renovation of a multifamily - multistory project. There are 26 buildings in this complex. My job is to hire the personnel and obviously do the work. Myself and the GC have walked the property. Nothing formal just an idea of what he needs to have accomplished. There will be very minimal work on interiors (less than 2% of the whole project). All of the work will be on the exterior. Things to be done are items like fixing or replacing decking and joists, closing off screened-in areas and creating roofed enclosures, fixing and/or replacing boards for stairwells, fixing fascia boards etc. There will be stucco work, aesthetic renovations and some pool aesthetic work. Since I am new to this, I am looking for some insight as to what should make up my budget. Here is what I have so far: (A) # of men  (B) 40hours= (C)+ (B)hours of overtime at 1.5= (C) per week x(24) weeks. I will choose to take a salary per week. For my budget I have man hours + my salary + .20 for unseen. My question: Am I close, way off, missing something? Should I budget pas 6 months? Need your help and insights. Thanks

0Reply
23 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mannford, OK · Member since 2016 · 57 posts · 14 votes
    9y
    I'm sure you already calculated it , but don't see anything mentioned about cost of materials or disposal , etc.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.