How do I find the address for multi-family owners?

How do I find the address for multi-family owners?

Investor · Saratoga Springs, UT · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 7 votes

Newbie here. I want to direct mail owners of 4-plexs in my area, but am unsure of how to get their personal addresses. 

Would my county be able to create a list for that, or is there another way I can search the owners of specific properties I'm interested in?

1Reply
38 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Milford, PA · Member since 2014 · 395 posts · 299 votes
9y

Yes your county would be able to compile the list for you. Some charge a small fee some will do it for free. Some do it right there some use a third party. You would visit the assessor's office.

If you pass a property while walking or driving around your interested in then you can see if your county has an online GIS. Every county in the country does it differently. I am in Pike County, PA. They list both the physical address and a mailing address right online. So it's easy here.

Try doing a search for {your county} GIS. So for me it would be Pike County Gis. If that doesn't work then try {your county } tax maps. It all comes from the county tax office.

It's also a good idea to visit the tax assessor's office. I have had much success with a quick visit and two or three questions. Then follow up with a quick thank you card address to the person you spoke with.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Milford, PA · Member since 2014 · 395 posts · 299 votes
    9y

    Yes your county would be able to compile the list for you. Some charge a small fee some will do it for free. Some do it right there some use a third party. You would visit the assessor's office.

    If you pass a property while walking or driving around your interested in then you can see if your county has an online GIS. Every county in the country does it differently. I am in Pike County, PA. They list both the physical address and a mailing address right online. So it's easy here.

    Try doing a search for {your county} GIS. So for me it would be Pike County Gis. If that doesn't work then try {your county } tax maps. It all comes from the county tax office.

    It's also a good idea to visit the tax assessor's office. I have had much success with a quick visit and two or three questions. Then follow up with a quick thank you card address to the person you spoke with.

  • Realtor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2016 · 97 posts · 33 votes
    9y

    Hi @Monica Davies, 

    I would talk to your local Title company..... they can get you a list based on your criteria. Sit down with a title rep and let them know what you are looking for. It could be an equity list.... LTV list...or one depending on the sellers age..... make sure you get it in an Excel file.

    The reason for the Excel file is.... if you want to do a mail merge, you can take it to a printing company and they can use that file for the mail merge. 

    I have my printer do it all.... mail merge, print envelopes, stuff them, mail them. 

  • Investor · Saratoga Springs, UT · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    That's exactly what I needed. Thank you so much!

  • Developer · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 904 votes
    9y
    If your goal is to send letters, check out yellowletters.com or if you just want the list try listsource.com
  • Rental Property Investor · St. Paul, MN · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Neil Schoepp:

    Yes your county would be able to compile the list for you. Some charge a small fee some will do it for free. Some do it right there some use a third party. You would visit the assessor's office.

    If you pass a property while walking or driving around your interested in then you can see if your county has an online GIS. Every county in the country does it differently. I am in Pike County, PA. They list both the physical address and a mailing address right online. So it's easy here.

    Try doing a search for {your county} GIS. So for me it would be Pike County Gis. If that doesn't work then try {your county } tax maps. It all comes from the county tax office.

    It's also a good idea to visit the tax assessor's office. I have had much success with a quick visit and two or three questions. Then follow up with a quick thank you card address to the person you spoke with.

     Try online first with the county and the city. If that doesn't work call the county to ask how to get it. 

  • MD · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    If the county route doesn't work, try listsource.com or spokeo.com. They can be great and inexpensive if used properly.

  • Real Estate Investor · Milford, PA · Member since 2014 · 395 posts · 299 votes
    8y

    @Monica Davies

    I have fine tuned my process a bit. Sometimes when I call the assesment office they give me everything I need other times I just end up with parcel numbers.  

    So when I decide on an area to concentrate on I first visit Netronline.com this will give you phone numbers and links to assesment websites. On the left of the screen just type the town in and it will find the county and show the links. You are looking for GIS mapping AND assesment websites. If I cannot find the info I’m looking for through those links then I call the assesment office and ask the process for getting a list of MF’s. Be able to answere if you are looking for duplexes, tri’s, quads, apt building, garden apts, townhomes etc. 

    Next is when you get the owners info and it's a LLC go to that states Secretary of State website and do a search for the LLC some states require the officers to be listed some do not.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.