Advertising to other apartment complexes to get tenants

Advertising to other apartment complexes to get tenants

Lexington, KY · Member since 2018 · 169 posts · 77 votes

I have about 70 units coming online in the next month and wanted to know if anyone has sent out mailers/postcards to surrounding/similar complexes to try and get some of their tenants. This is a new build so it would be nicer than the other similar complexes and am sure I will get some tenants from them. Just want some opinions!

0Reply
13 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    8y

    You would need to analyze what type of tenant base is in the other properties and their capabilities to qualify for your project.

    Sometimes owners like to push the bad tenants onto other building owners. It's a back and forth game they play.

  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2018 · 169 posts · 77 votes
    8y

    @Joel Owens I've analyzed the tenant base in the other properties and they are able to qualify for my project. 

    Our PM should be able to screen out the bad ones but I just wanted to know if paying for advertising to these other complexes would be worth it or if I should stick to online ads mostly.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.