Best podcasts for multifamily investors?

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 179 posts · 292 votes
7y

- Old Capital Podcast

- Apartment Building Investing

- The Real Estate Syndication Show

- Wheelbarrow Profits

See this reply in the discussion

22 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Carnegie, PA · Member since 2014 · 259 posts · 144 votes
    7y

    @Joe Ansley Check out Wheelbarrow Profits - Jake and Gino

  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 179 posts · 292 votes
    7y

    - Old Capital Podcast

    - Apartment Building Investing

    - The Real Estate Syndication Show

    - Wheelbarrow Profits

  • Investor · Allentown, PA · Member since 2016 · 100 posts · 65 votes
    7y

    ^^^AGREED^^^ Jake and @Gino Barbaro do a phenomenal job! Plus they share a lot of really good resources and have a terrific community. Check them out...https://jakeandgino.com/

  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 28 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    @Joe Ansley, a few of my favorites that haven't been mentioned yet are;

    - Investing in the U.S.- An Aussie's Guide to U.S. Real Estate (Mostly focused on syndication with some other useful stuff sprinkled in)

    - The Real Estate Guys Radio Show (Not always about multifamily, but when it is, they dive deep into the topics)

    - Best Real Estate Advice Ever (Specifically recommend the "Syndication School" series. It's an amazing how-to series that pairs well with the "Best Ever Apartment Syndication Book")

    Hope this helps!

    - Tim

  • Member since 2018 · 83 posts · 66 votes
    7y

    @Joe A. Hands down Joe Fairless (Best Ever Show)... get the book too!

    I’ve also gotten good value from Rod Khleif’s podcast.

  • Multifamily Syndicator · Greater Los Angeles Area · Member since 2015 · 399 posts · 261 votes
    7y

    @Joe Ansley Here is the list I listen to!

    Joe Fairless - Best Ever Real Estate Investing Advice

    Michael Blank - Apartment Building Investing

    Rod Khleif - Lifetime Cash Flow through Real Estate Investing

    Old Capital Podcast

    The Real Estate Guys

    The Creative Real Estate Podcast

    Kathy Fettke - Real Estate News

    Bigger Pockets

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    @Whitney Sewell has a nice daily podcast. He gets good guests, though I haven't been on yet, and he asks good procedural questions.

    Of all of the podcast today, I'd say his is likely the closest to reality.

  • Michael DangPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 454 posts · 273 votes
    7y

    Commit to Wealth - @Juan Vargas

    Target Market Insights - John Casmon

    Real Estate Launch Pad - Jonathan Twombly

    Cash Flow Connections - Hunter Thompson

    How to Lose Money - Paul Moore

  • Rental Property Investor · Yorba Linda, CA · Member since 2017 · 140 posts · 58 votes
    7y

    I would also highly recommend @Joe Fairless "Best Ever Real Estate Investing Advice Ever". It is a daily podcast with high quality content, definitely worth listening to.

  • Rental Property Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2017 · 160 posts · 107 votes
    7y

    Hello @Joe Ansley

    I would recommend The Best Ever Real Estate Investing Advice and Target Market Insights.

    Both really detailed and amazing on how much detail and value they provide.

  • John CasmonPro Member
    Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Michael Dang and @Mike Taravella thanks for highlighting Target Market Insights. 

    I also like to check out Jake and Gino, Best Ever Show, The Real Estate Guys,  Investing in the U.S. and the Old Capital Podcast. 

    Would also suggest the shows by Michael Blank, Whitney Sewell, and Hunter Thompson.

    Honestly, I can add another 20 shows since I know a lot of the podcasters, but that's a great place to start.

  • Rental Property Investor · Batavia, IL · Member since 2019 · 35 posts · 15 votes
    7y

    Joe Fairless - Best Ever Real Estate Investing Advice

    The Real Estate Guys

    Bigger Pockets

  • Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 212 posts · 116 votes
    7y

    Here's my list, hope it helps! Might have a few repeats:

    Real Estate Investing
    • BiggerPockets
    • Cash Flow Connections
    • Old Capital Podcast
    • Apartment Building Investing with Michael Blank
    • Passive Real Estate Investing
    • Wheelbarrow Profits
    • Investing in the US with Reed Goosens
    • Investing in Real Estate with Clayton Morris--*I know his business is controversial but he and his wife put out solid content on his show.
    • The Real Estate CPA Podcast--focus on tax strategies (but it's not as dry as you may think)
    • Real Estate Nerds--focus on legal strategies & "the worst deal* (but it's not as dry as you may think)
    • The Real Estate Launchpad
    • Old Dawg's REI Network--targeted to older demographic but still generally good content
    • Joe Fairless's Daily podcast
    • Rental Income podcast--focus on mom and pop rentals, not much multifamily-specific but still good.
    • Multifamily Legacy Podcast--he rambles sometimes, but tangible content overall
  • Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 43 posts · 38 votes
    7y

    @Nate Anderson Initially, focus on "going deep" rather than listening to 10+ podcasts - information overload! I would hone in on the three to five that thoroughly cover: market cycles/data, capital raising, underwriting best practices, securities law, due diligence, property management and biz systems. I would compliment the podcasts with information rich books that'll walk you through the process, beginning to end. 

    Podcasts: 

    • Old Capital Podcast by Michael Becker & Paul Peebles
    • Lifetime Cash Flow through Real Estate Investing by Rod Khelif
    • The Real Estate Syndication Show by Whitney Sewell

    Books: 

    • The Best Ever Real Estate Syndication Book by Joe Fairless
    • How to Take an Apartment Building from Money Pit to Money Maker by Craig Haskell

    With those few resources above you will have everything you need to educate yourself. The next phase is all sales and marketing, both you and the business. Brokers, banks, sellers and everyone else inbetween will do business with a guy they know, like and trust. Build the right relationships at the right time and stay the course, you will succeed. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 530 posts · 398 votes
    7y

    Joe Fairless Best Ever Podcast

    Todd Dexheimers Pillars of Wealth

    Kevin Bupp REI for Cash Flow

  • Rental Property Investor · Batavia, IL · Member since 2019 · 35 posts · 15 votes
    7y

    @Larry Caper thanks for the advice and reference. I appreciate it. All the best. 

  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2017 · 261 posts · 143 votes
    7y

    @Joe A.

    Reed Goossens - Investing in the US: An aussies guide to US real estate

    Jake and @Gino Barbaro - Wheelbarrow profits

  • Real Estate Agent · Winter haven, FL · Member since 2011 · 572 posts · 336 votes
    7y

    Koncrete on youtube is one of the best unique ones i have seen lately. I binge watched most of them recently and althought there is a humorous side to the shows. Ben Mallah really lets you in behind the curtain on some of his deals. 

    Also like the following guys because they are very much active. And not some retired investor telling you 100 year old strategies.

    Rod Khleif

    Jake & Gino

    Matt Mckeever 

    Enjoy your trip down the rabbit whole!

  • Rental Property Investor · Michigan City, IN · Member since 2015 · 530 posts · 741 votes
    7y

    @Joe Ansley there are some great ones listed already so I wont repeat. I saw @Ben Leybovich respond so I will add another plug for his new podcast. Its a different format which I like for the sake of more focused learning. Youll just have to get over Ben talking about how he wears the same shirt for 9 days straight ;)

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Joel Florek:

    @Joe Ansley there are some great ones listed already so I wont repeat. I saw @Ben Leybovich respond so I will add another plug for his new podcast. Its a different format which I like for the sake of more focused learning. Youll just have to get over Ben talking about how he wears the same shirt for 9 days straight ;)

     Thank you for the mention, @Joel Florek!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.