What do you pay for lawn care on your buildings??

What do you pay for lawn care on your buildings??

Joel OwensBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes

Before the previous landlord had odds and ends maintenance people doing it when they get around to it.I don't like this because sometimes the property looks good and other times junkie and unkept.

A professional service is more dependable and runs like clock work.I had a lawn company come out that was not the biggest but not the smallest operation.

There are 5 buildings of flat land situated each on about 1/2 acre to 3/4 acre.The lawn guy quoted 200 a month but wanted a year round contract.

I don't like that as mainly most get yard work completed in the summer time.In the winter time and fall is mainly just leaf blowing etc.

Even though these are 1/2 acre in size I feel that the work is minimal.Unlike a house where sometimes the land is hilly these are flat.Unlike a house which is mainly yard with a small driveway these building have a driveway with a parking lot.So the actual green space to mow is very small for each parcel.

I just can't in my mind justify 2,400 a year for lawn maintenance.Wondering what others here do.I can't do it myself as I am very busy working with clients.For this one month I am having a contractor do it for cheap but not long term.

0Reply
24 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Hattiesburg, MS · Member since 2011 · 475 posts · 141 votes
    15y

    My office sits on 1 acre of land. There is a sizeable amount of grass out front and on behind both flanks of the office. I would estimate there is 1/4 of an acre in level grass.

    My lawn/handyman cuts it for 30.00 per cut. Weed eats, and leaf blows the parking lot.

    He charges 50.00 per cut on my personal home and a flip I have that is close by. They both are on 1/2 acre lots.

    He cuts all 3 every 2 weeks without any hassle.

    Prior to this guy I used to cut my own grass at home. For 25 bucks I could barely afford gas, blades, and weed eater string.

  • Property Manager · Altoona, PA · Member since 2011 · 1 post · 0 votes
    15y

    I run a small local lawn care company - and $200 a month for the property that you described in my eyes is a rip off. Ed Lees post sounds more accurate. $30 - $35 per cut, includes weed eating and blow off, no contract required for a year, and leaf removal would be an extra charge.

    Find yourself someone else man.

  • Property Management · Memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 668 posts · 362 votes
    15y

    I pay $150 month on three buildings, not a whole lot of grass to cut, and I pay $25 a week for trash pick up around the grounds.

  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    15y

    So it appears the costs is not too far off but the yearly contract should not be required.

    So the big question is do you just use these people during the summers months when the grass is growing and not use anyone for the winter months??

    Parcels have a few pine trees and regular trees but not much else.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.