Is Midtown Crossing in Omaha NE a good area?

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Omaha, NE · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Carlo C.

  • Omaha, NE · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Carlo C. Yes, it's booming right now. Lots of multi family popping up all around there. It's a hot area near a lot of restaurants, bars, downtown and Mutual of Omaha amongst other large employers.

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2016 · 41 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Jonathan Stastny Thanks for the input! That’s great news! Do you know any reliable agents in the area?

  • Investor · Papillion, NE · Member since 2014 · 197 posts · 74 votes
    7y

    @Carlo C., yes midtown crossing is a great area, and a bit overpriced.  But what isn’t right now.  You can hit up @Ryann Kluthe.  I use her, and she works with plenty of out of state investors.  She’ll even share in the cost of a mail campaign.

  • Real Estate Agent · Omaha, NE · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 19 votes
    7y

    Midtown is an awesome area for investment properties. Its very student oriented which makes for great rent prices. And with a proper lease in play you won't run into them being reckless and throwing parties. Let me know if you have questions. I'd be happy to set up a phone call to discuss your goals and see if we would be a good team with my feet on the ground for you.

  • Rental Property Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Carlo... I have a different opinion.   I call the place Midtown Ghost Town instead of Midtown Crossing.   The only reason some of the restaurants/bars stay afloat is they are on percentage rent and those are the fortunate ones--one location that comes to mind has turned over three times.   

    I'll try to stop bashing Mutual's gift to Omaha and I'll just put it this way--if you can find a way to make money in the highest priced condo development in the city, you are doing something very impressive.

    If you are curious about the general area of "midtown omaha," that's a very different story.   

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2016 · 41 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Cory Cutchall What areas would you recommend? I am mostly interested in multifamily complexes (20+ units)

  • Real Estate Agent · Omaha, NE · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 19 votes
    7y

    Midtown crossing is a good area, but not for development like that. I thought you were referring to purchasing single family residential long term holds. Cory, do you work with multifamily complexes of that size? Carlo, i am not the agent to help you on something like that. I stick to 4 units or less.

  • Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2015 · 366 posts · 184 votes
    7y

    @Carlo C.

    ‘Midtown’ is a great area for rentals. But ‘on market’ properties here will be at a premium, due to the demand and popularity.

    Midtown Crossing would be an expensive condo rental. I think it would be hard to make any money, with the high hoa fees and price tags.

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2016 · 41 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Kyle Godbout Thanks a lot!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.