Hap mod section 8 contracts in New Jersey

Hap mod section 8 contracts in New Jersey

Investor · Cranford, NJ · Member since 2012 · 303 posts · 153 votes

Hey guys, I am in due diligence on a small apartment building that has a moderate rehab section 8 contract in place, but the original contract has expired years ago, and now they are on a year to year basis. The contract is administered by DCA in New Jersey.

I am wondering if anyone has experience working with the moderate rehab section 8 program, specifically in Newark NJ. My understanding is that the contracts are basically for each individual unit, and are attached to the building, which is different then the housing choice vouchers which are attached to the tenant. That said if there is a vacancy or someone moves out the agency does not pay for the vacant unit during that time, but provides you with a few options after potential new tenants.

Wondering if I am missing anything, or misunderstanding something, and if anyone has any experience with the program

0Reply
24 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Dallas-Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    @Steve Wilcox - Your post is 4 months old now, but I’m curious if you were able to get some guidance on this.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.