Good Neighbors Make Good Fences...or Retaining Walls...

Good Neighbors Make Good Fences...or Retaining Walls...

Member since 2019 · 29 posts · 22 votes

An abutting property is causing problems with my property due to the actions of a former owner. The property is now owned by a Trust through foreclosure, and they refuse to work with me. I want to put a lien on the property so they can't sell it without new owners knowing about the issue if they do their due diligence.  Has anyone done this or does anyone have any suggestions? Would it be a restraining order, a no trespass or a nuisance,or a combination therof, or something different? The property is in Massachusetts.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated! 

0Reply
24 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Boston, MA · Member since 2019 · 244 posts · 275 votes
    6y

    Call Hillery Dorner at Dorner Law. www.dornerlaw.com

  • Member since 2019 · 29 posts · 22 votes
    6y

    I'll give them a call Monday, Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Concord, GA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    I've never heard of placing a lien on a property unless you were unpaid for contracted work done on it. What legal basis would you have for a lien?

  • Member since 2019 · 29 posts · 22 votes
    6y

    The previous owner dug out hit lot, and this is causing my property to "sink" into it. The foreclosure Trust initially told me to get quotes for a retaining wall and send photos of the properties, but once I did, and they saw them, they told me they would be selling the property "as is" with no guarantees or warranties" and stopped all conversation with me. 

    I think not disclosing it would be fraud; all I want is my property cured, so I want a lien for the value of the quotes I received to construct the wall.  I don't want someone buying it and then I have to sue them and then they have to sue the previous owners for non-disclosure. Just trying to catch the owner before its sold to a non-suspecting family or investor.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.