Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2019 · 25 posts · 6 votes
6y
its a duplex and I was debating and what type of loan should I get as far as a FHA or conventional loan , I have 10k for the down payment but it's my first property and I kinda wanted to do a none owner occupied, what would you recommend .. thank you in advanced
Specialist · Tampa, FL · Member since 2012 · 933 posts · 492 votes
6y
@Alexis Ayala this is a pretty vague question. You have to be more specific than that. Depends on the size of property. What's the financial outlook? To many unknown's here to give you a qualified answer.
Rental Property Investor · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2015 · 623 posts · 155 votes
6y
If it’s your first property I’d say any loan you can get within reason. You’re not giving us many details but a commercial loan will make you put 25% down so you could only buy a $40k property. You’ll probably want to explore owner occupant loans for starters.
You are also going to need a heck of a deal on a property. I just saw a 2/1 per side duplex for sale today from a friend. If you’re interested DM me and I’ll give you their #.