Favorite book on RE?

Favorite book on RE?

Investor · Spring City, PA · Member since 2019 · 56 posts · 41 votes

I haven't been much for reading books on real estate although I've doing it for a while.  I'm interesting in finding a great book for the holidays.  What's your favorite book about commercial real estate, particularly multifamily?  thanks for all your input

1Reply
36 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles · Member since 2019 · 284 posts · 184 votes
6y

@Pankaj Sharma i just recently read J.Scotts book Recession Proof Real Estate Investing. Its a great read about market cycles and best practices/strategies for each part of cycle. I highly recommend it. Most newbies investors are very shortsighted about what they invest in

See this reply in the discussion

23 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2015 · 429 posts · 393 votes
    6y

    @Pankaj Sharm

    The Best Ever Apartment Syndication Book, by Joe Fairless and Theo Hicks.

    Very step-by-step applicable reading.

  • Investor · Spring City, PA · Member since 2019 · 56 posts · 41 votes
    6y

    @Chris Coleman thanks for sharing. I should have mentioned that I’m not a syndicator so that will probably be of little.

  • Rental Property Investor · USA · Member since 2018 · 325 posts · 222 votes
    6y

    Real estate investing for dummies is a great start

  • Yonah WeissPro Member
    Cost Segregation Expert and Investor · Lakewood, NJ · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Pankaj Sharma depends what you're looking to get out of the book. For CRE I would recommend Brian Murray's Crushing It in Apartments and Commercial Real Estate.

    But since I know that you would like to get more active on the social media side of the business ;) - I would highly recommend. Crushing It, by Gary Vaynerchuk. Not real estate related per se, but I heard about the book first on the BP podcast when they interviewed him.

  • Investor · Spring City, PA · Member since 2019 · 56 posts · 41 votes
    6y

    @Yonah Weiss that’s sounds great. I’m aware of Gary Vee’s Crushing It but the other one you mentioned. That sound like a winner in terms of what I’m looking for. Thanks so much

  • Investor · Calgary, Canada · Member since 2019 · 27 posts · 14 votes
    6y

    Crushing It in apartments. I bought it as an audio book. Awesome 😎 

  • Rental Property Investor · RVA · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    Good recommendations here already, I'd add Frank Gallinelli's book on cash flow:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1259586189/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles · Member since 2019 · 284 posts · 184 votes
    6y

    @Pankaj Sharma i just recently read J.Scotts book Recession Proof Real Estate Investing. Its a great read about market cycles and best practices/strategies for each part of cycle. I highly recommend it. Most newbies investors are very shortsighted about what they invest in

  • Investor · Spring City, PA · Member since 2019 · 56 posts · 41 votes
    6y

    @Alvin Uy This topic has been on my mind a lot lately. Thanks so much for the recommendation.

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 48 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Erik Hatch Who is the author?

  • Rental Property Investor · USA · Member since 2018 · 325 posts · 222 votes
    6y

    @Robert Gunn there are 2 dummies books as I recall. One for commercial real estate and the other for real estate. Amazon has both and both are great.

  • Rental Property Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2015 · 429 posts · 393 votes
    6y


    @Pankaj Sharma The Best Ever Apartment Syndication Book actually has a ton of value beyond just syndications.  It includes details on how to select markets, establish criteria for selecting properties, due diligence and underwriting, etc.  A lot  more than just the syndication piece.

  • Multifamily Syndicator · Greater Los Angeles Area · Member since 2015 · 399 posts · 261 votes
    6y

    @Pankaj Sharma

    The Best Ever Apartment Syndication Book, by Joe Fairless and Theo Hicks for me

  • Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    The real Estate Game By William J. Poorvu and Jeffrey L. Cruikshank is a great read as its written by a practicing investor and an a professor in Harvard. 

  • Investor · Spring City, PA · Member since 2019 · 56 posts · 41 votes
    6y

    @Rob Mudd I’ll check it out thx so much

  • Investor · Spring City, PA · Member since 2019 · 56 posts · 41 votes
    6y

    @Chris Coleman awesome. Thx for clarifying.

  • Ivan BarrattBusiness Member
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2015 · 764 posts · 953 votes
    6y

    Some of my favorites

  • Ivan BarrattBusiness Member
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2015 · 764 posts · 953 votes
    6y

    And here's my advanced list. Watch out for the rabbit holes!

  • Roni E.Pro Member
    Specialist · Earth 2.0 · Member since 2019 · 598 posts · 271 votes
    6y

    I would focus on audible, or kindle. I would check our Dr. Eric Thomas (not real estate focused) and 

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlotte NC · Member since 2019 · 306 posts · 183 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Pankaj Sharma:

    I haven't been much for reading books on real estate although I've doing it for a while.  I'm interesting in finding a great book for the holidays.  What's your favorite book about commercial real estate, particularly multifamily?  thanks for all your input

     Mistake millionaires make is a business book I think you would like a lot. I also like the self-made billionaire effect. 

    Real estate wise.

    I would say @joefairless new book he wrote, investing in real estate private equity, and the big shift ahead. 

  • Investor · Spring City, PA · Member since 2019 · 56 posts · 41 votes
    6y

    @Chris Salerno thx Chris

  • Investor · Youngstown, OH · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    Here's a list of every book mentioned on the BP podcast. I'm sure there are some in there on MF/commercial RE. 

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/79/topics/388292-list-of-all-books-mentioned-on-biggerpocketscom-podcast

  • Rental Property Investor · Vista, CA · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Pankaj Sharma

    Manny Khoshbin's Contrarian PlayBook: How to Build Your $100 Million Real Estate Portfolio From the Ground Up

    Is a great book :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.