I'm just getting into real estate and am interested in potentially building a duplex or 4 plex in Utah County, UT but am not sure of any builders that build properties like this in the area. I have found a lot that build back east or in ID, WA, OR etc but not really any in UT. Anyone know of anyone that would build on a lot I will purchase in this area?
Interested in looking into this, let me know if you have any experience with this! Thanks in advance.
I'm just getting into real estate and am interested in potentially building a duplex or 4 plex in Utah County, UT but am not sure of any builders that build properties like this in the area. I have found a lot that build back east or in ID, WA, OR etc but not really any in UT. Anyone know of anyone that would build on a lot I will purchase in this area?
Interested in looking into this, let me know if you have any experience with this! Thanks in advance.
You should be able to find someone online through the local HBA, professional building supply company (not Home Depot or Lowe’s) Also realtors are a good resource, investor groups on Facebook and meetups etc. Also check with your city and county building permit list and if they know who builds those types of buildings. They can’t give recommendations but they can tell you who the builders are in your area.
Rental Property Investor · Lehi, UT · Member since 2016 · 105 posts · 96 votes
6y
You could check out FIG. they build large communities of all duplex and fourplexes in Utah, Texas, Idaho and soon Arizona. I think they are building some near Payson Utah right now. They are higher end and not cheap. you usually have to have about 25% to put down for a construction loan with them. They build a good product though and have systems in place to manage everything for you as well. The CoC returns are pretty low, but then you have a new product with super low maintenance costs and puts money in your pocket each month. I am sure there are lots of other good options out there, I just have met several people in their organization and think they are good people that have a solid platform in place. Good luck in your search!