Columbus Property Tax increase Ouch!!

Columbus Property Tax increase Ouch!!

Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 206 posts · 138 votes

Hi!  Just bought my Multi in 2018 and now just got my adjusted tax bill.  It went from $$$$ to $$,$$$.  Almost 2.5 folds.  I guess assessor went on purchased price of the property.  Anyone tried fighting this?  I was told by some not much they could do.  Thank god I pushed rents and forced some appreciation but there went all my profits.  Ouch!!! 

4Reply
65 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Marin County California · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
6y

From a fellow Californian: God save Proposition 13.

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2022 · 405 posts · 455 votes
    3y

    That system is insane. You are correct, I have not heard of the back taxing happening here in Texas unless it involved a homestead exemption that should not have been applied. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.