Building a team of A players

Building a team of A players

Member since 2017 · 53 posts · 32 votes

Hello everyone.

I am reaching out to see if anyone has interest in teaming up and working together to purchase large multi family properties

My mentor has made it very clear to scale requires expertise of certain individuals to handle certain aspects of the business

Myself - I focus mainly on finding and underwriting deals, and lining up the financing however I am seeking the following:

One who understands the operations side such as maximizing a properties potential whether that is by managing contractors and overseeing rehab/Reno’s and also continuing to maximize properties after stabilization. Also be able to manage the property mgmt companies

One who has experience raising capital from investors and can have that conversation with ease as well as being able to handle the legal aspects of the business

I know it is a lot and a long shot but seeing what’s out there

Also, if you have any buildings or property you want to sell shoot me a message

0Reply
14 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Smithtown, NY · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Hey Matt, 

    My name is Ryan and I am a contractor/house flipper from new york. I think I would be able to help you with the operations side of things and finding ways to force appreciation on the buildings. Are you trying to form a syndication team? Also what markets are you looking to start finding buildings in?

  • Investor · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2019 · 120 posts · 147 votes
    6y

    @Matt Nettles Hey Matt! Does your mentor have a group of people that he's mentoring where you can access those types of resources? We pulled 7 capital raisers from our group to get our first deal done + we have access to asset managers/key principals/earnest money/etc within the group for future deals.  You can certainly find those outside of a group - but usually if you work inside of your mentor's group you'll get to know people better and establish strong partnerships.  Best of luck in your journey!

  • Roni E.Pro Member
    Specialist · Earth 2.0 · Member since 2019 · 598 posts · 271 votes
    6y

    I would go to your local meetups and start to network. 

  • Lender · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 653 posts · 313 votes
    6y

    Hey @Matt Nettles great push you're making to do, congrats. I specialize in advising on commercial loans and brokering the senior debt. Would love to help you and your team work a way forward to achieve your goals. 

    I think finding the complimentary skill sets is a great idea and leads to greater project/task efficiency in the long-run. Having conversations with potential investors could be slippery, but in the end it is you who is growing the passive investors money faster than any other financial vehicle. That's a plus.

    Let me know if I can help in any way.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.