My first 9 Unit: is it a GO or NO GO

My first 9 Unit: is it a GO or NO GO

Property Manager · Land O lakes, FL · Member since 2016 · 72 posts · 61 votes

Any feedback would be awesome, what am I overlooking? Good or Bad. Thanks in advance!

I have this property under contract and my inspection period ends today.

Purchase price at $525,000, 

Rehab Estimate $200,000 to $250,000

I have a cash partner & I will do all the work (Manage the Rehab, Property Management and Market to resell when complete.

Please see image below of numbers breakdown. 

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. and if in the future you would be interested in partnering in a deal similar to this please let me know. 

Happy Investing!

13Reply
64 views

Most Popular Reply

Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2020 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
5y

@William Moya.  I am assuming you are talking all cash purchase and rehab, since there is no line item for debt service.

I do not know FL, but 5% operating expenses seems excessively low, especially when you have no line item to real estate tax at $525k or insurance.  

From there, you will have turn costs, likely in the $250/door/year range, but could be higher or lower.  You have no line for leasing commissions, typically 1 month rent when you outsource.  Landscaping, house meters, etc.

I would just really dive into your expense budget.

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Alecia LovelessPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @William Moya Not saying anything on the full project but my contractor just warned me yesterday that in my area, Northern New Hampshire the cost of plywood alone has gone from $8.35 a sheet last year to $45.35 this year. He was warning me to be careful on a rehab I am interested.

  • Lender · Miami, FL · Member since 2021 · 35 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    Are you leveraging this deal at all - you can get some of the costs down by getting a lower down payment on the acquisition and also get the rehab funded 100% - less out of pocket, more profit on the backend if structured correctly.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.