Multifamily Mastermind Recommendations

Multifamily Mastermind Recommendations

Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 1 vote

Hello BP. I'm a financial advisor turned real estate investor. I started buying SFR last year when bond yields went to ~0%. I like the deals that I've done, but find SFR to be too slow and I'm interested in getting involved in multifamily syndications. I live in Santa Barbara, CA, so any investing will likely be from a distance (cap rates here are 3% for old properties).

I have devoured a bunch of content on multifamily and have plenty of connections to raise funds, but I would like to partner with someone with operational experience.  

I'm thinking that getting involved in a mastermind group will help me push the process forward and possibly introduce me to potential syndication partners.  I've come across Joe Fairless, Michael Blank, Rod Khleif, Think Multifamily, etc.  Does anyone have any experience with these groups and any opinions on which group may best fit my situation (long distance, networking etc)?

Thanks for your help!

0Reply
97 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Coral Gables, FL · Member since 2016 · 199 posts · 266 votes
5y

@Jonathan Heagle Any of the groups you mentioned can fit you to network and meet people.  

You might want to attend an event either live now that some are opening up, or virtual, to meet LPs and GPs and be able to get your questions answered and see if there is a fit personally.  You can find out about Masterminds at the events.

Another post mentioned several events coming up soon.  Among them are Dan Handford (MFIN Summit, June 10-12) , Michael Blank (Deal Maker Live, July 15-17), and Jake & Gino (Multifamily Mastery, Oct 23-24).  I know these guys put on strong events.

Although I know of Rod Khlief and Mark Kenney (Think Multifamily) by name, I haven't met them or attended their events.  I know others who're active with them and pleased with their association with them.  

Another name who has been recommended to me is Dave Lindahl (RE Mentor) who has been in the business longer than most of the others.

Good luck to you!  Maybe we will meet at one of these events.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Coral Gables, FL · Member since 2016 · 199 posts · 266 votes
    5y

    @Jonathan Heagle Any of the groups you mentioned can fit you to network and meet people.  

    You might want to attend an event either live now that some are opening up, or virtual, to meet LPs and GPs and be able to get your questions answered and see if there is a fit personally.  You can find out about Masterminds at the events.

    Another post mentioned several events coming up soon.  Among them are Dan Handford (MFIN Summit, June 10-12) , Michael Blank (Deal Maker Live, July 15-17), and Jake & Gino (Multifamily Mastery, Oct 23-24).  I know these guys put on strong events.

    Although I know of Rod Khlief and Mark Kenney (Think Multifamily) by name, I haven't met them or attended their events.  I know others who're active with them and pleased with their association with them.  

    Another name who has been recommended to me is Dave Lindahl (RE Mentor) who has been in the business longer than most of the others.

    Good luck to you!  Maybe we will meet at one of these events.

  • Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 691 votes
    5y

    Hey Jonathan!

    Hope all is well. I am apart of the Thinkmultifamily group- have found it to be very beneficial especially when it comes to the networking. There are a lot of members from CA so the distance shouldn't be an issue for you. I recommend looking into it- and let me know if there is anything else I can help you with! PM me if you have any other questions. 

  • John CasmonPro Member
    Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    It depends on the exact issue you are trying to solve. The personalities and preferences are different and you have to figure out who you gel with.  

  • Marietta, GA · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Jonathan Heagle - one easy choice is to contact Jim Biggs and join the GOB Network: https://www.facebook.com/The-G...

    GOB Network is a group of like-minded people working on multifamily learning and deals. No cost, and nothing to buy.

  • Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    Hi there! My wife and I joined the Rod Khleif multifamily education program several years ago and it was a great decision for us. The experience has been extremely positive. Since joining, we’ve not only gained a solid foundation in multifamily investing, but we’ve also met some truly amazing and driven individuals who have become part of our network.

    The training, mentorship, and community have been instrumental in helping us grow our multifamily portfolio significantly. More importantly, the program gave us the confidence and clarity to take action. The inspiration and accountability we gained were exactly what we needed to move forward.

    If you're considering it, I’d say it’s a worthwhile investment—especially if you're serious about scaling in multifamily.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.