CPA in San Antonio for MF investor

CPA in San Antonio for MF investor

Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 3 votes

Any recommendations for CPA in San Antonio who is knowledgeable about passive multifamily real estate? I am investing in passive MF deals (apartments) and I need someone who knows how to maximize the tax benefits of these types of investments. Thanks in advance.

2Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Joseph CacciapagliaBusiness Member
Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
5y

I use https://www.fredflorescpa.com/. He seems very knowledgeable about real estate investing in general. I interviewed a lot of CPAs here in San Antonio that didn't seem to have a clue about a lot of real estate related issues, but he was able to answer all my questions with relative ease. He also seems pretty low priced, for the quality of service. Full disclosure, this is the first year I used him, but so far so good.

Joseph Cacciapaglia powered by Morty
See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 61 posts · 32 votes
    5y

    Yessir mine is real good. I have many multifamily and single family in my portfolio. 

  • Joseph CacciapagliaBusiness Member
    Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    I use https://www.fredflorescpa.com/. He seems very knowledgeable about real estate investing in general. I interviewed a lot of CPAs here in San Antonio that didn't seem to have a clue about a lot of real estate related issues, but he was able to answer all my questions with relative ease. He also seems pretty low priced, for the quality of service. Full disclosure, this is the first year I used him, but so far so good.

    Joseph Cacciapaglia powered by Morty
  • Basit SiddiqiBusiness Member
    Accountant · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 8k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    4y

    @Karissa Martin

    Are you investing in actual Multi-family real estate?
    Or are you investing into a syndication as a limited partner / non-managing member?

    They are treated slightly different for tax purposes.

    You are very fortunate to live in one of the few states that does not require a resident state income tax. This is good for you as this opens you up to being to find a CPA outside of your state. With that said, below are some tips on how to find a local CPA.

    1) Attend a Local REIA / Real Estate meetup and see who other investors are using as a CPA
    2) Network with other investors from your City/State that you find on bigger pockets and see who they use as a CPA
    3) Look for CPA's with good google/yelp reviews where 'real estate' is mentioned in the review.
    4) Verify that your CPA is licensed. Many 'tax professionals' lie that they are a CPA.

    Here is a link that you can use to verify that your CPA is licensed within the state of Texas
    https://www.tsbpa.texas.gov/ge...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.