What are your experiences with the different land ed course available?

What are your experiences with the different land ed course available?

Investor · SD · Member since 2023 · 35 posts · 33 votes

I have purchased a few different land ed courses out there.   There seems to be a new one coming out every day & I am skeptical of a lot of the creators.  They seem to lack substance listening to their initial information.

I liked Mark Podolsky but I was not a fan of his model.  It works but the premise is more for large, rural land and doubling your money & I wanted to target other types of property.  

I purchased the Jack Bosch course in the past & went to one of his events.  The course is decent & does cover more than rural land.  It is enough to get going but there is a lot of wasted time in the lessons.  There are many pieces that are left out & everything seems to be a push to buy a very expensive coaching package.  His information is definitely the most "sales pitchy" of anyone, which I really do not like.

At the event, I saw Jonathon Haveles was their main coach.  He seemed to be the one that coached everyone else.  I was thinking of working with him & then I heard he left the organization.  I saw a few years later that he had his own information out so I purchased this.  I think that his course, the land riches blueprint, is the best I have seen.  There is a lot of actionable information that many others would not give you without paying for coaching. 

For the price of these courses, I like to buy them and take in the parts that I am going to use.  Really, the land riches blueprint covers what Podolsky and Bosch covered & more, but I owned the other 2 first. 

Are there any recommendations for other land ed courses I should consider to get even more information?

Has anyone done coaching with the land method?  Their prices are cheaper than others & their information, at least in the course, it better, so I am thinking of that too.

1Reply
128 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · VA · Member since 2008 · 420 posts · 175 votes
2y

I had made a reply to a similar thread on this. All land courses are the same in essence;

What is your end goal is the only thing that is different? Are you looking to build up your cash, get recurring income, subdivide, get into new contruction builds, etc?

Don't buy anymore land courses and just take MASSIVE ACTION. Send me a DM with anything specific you have in mind!

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · VA · Member since 2008 · 420 posts · 175 votes
    2y

    I had made a reply to a similar thread on this. All land courses are the same in essence;

    What is your end goal is the only thing that is different? Are you looking to build up your cash, get recurring income, subdivide, get into new contruction builds, etc?

    Don't buy anymore land courses and just take MASSIVE ACTION. Send me a DM with anything specific you have in mind!

  • Investor · SD · Member since 2023 · 35 posts · 33 votes
    2y
    Thank you Edgar.  I am taking action.  The only reason I buy them is because I think that if I get one extra detail that was missed in another, it is worth the course price.

    The land riches blueprint covers building up capital, passive income, subdividing, entitlement & more which is why I value it more than others.  Very detailed.  But if someone else has something else gives more, it is worth checking out.
  • Developer · Boulder, CO · Member since 2018 · 530 posts · 365 votes
    2y

    Hi William, what are you looking to accomplish? Land Ed is one phase of ground-up development. While both involve finding and properly securing a site and bringing it to full entitlement, the ground-up process includes the land piece but gets way more involved and complex to execute.

    The full "Monty" for ground-up development needs to include financial literacy, an explanation of metrics, and how they work. From there, it requires the ability to conduct underwriting the highest and best use of a planned project, which requires a pro forma built by the user or acquired from a competent 3rd party. 

    Once the above skills and tools are acquired, understanding the sequential process of the development along its timelines and costs needs to be correctly implemented. The process must be understood and applied to team building, investing your and 3rd party capital, and financial deal structure with debt and equity sources. 

    The first pieces (literacy, metrics) and the following ones noted above are pretty straightforward. The problem (as you have cited) is trying to understand what you need (you don't know what you don't know), where to get it, qualifying its source(s), and the validity and usefulness of all that.

    Pardon me if I've gone into this too much, but I meet many people with the same concerns that you are voicing and this is offered, as much as possible in direct response to your post.

    Please feel free to contact me if you have any comments or questions.

  • Investor · SD · Member since 2023 · 35 posts · 33 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Barry Ruby:

    Hi William, what are you looking to accomplish? Land Ed is one phase of ground-up development. While both involve finding and properly securing a site and bringing it to full entitlement, the ground-up process includes the land piece but gets way more involved and complex to execute.

    The full "Monty" for ground-up development needs to include financial literacy, an explanation of metrics, and how they work. From there, it requires the ability to conduct underwriting the highest and best use of a planned project, which requires a pro forma built by the user or acquired from a competent 3rd party. 

    Once the above skills and tools are acquired, understanding the sequential process of the development along its timelines and costs needs to be correctly implemented. The process must be understood and applied to team building, investing your and 3rd party capital, and financial deal structure with debt and equity sources. 

    The first pieces (literacy, metrics) and the following ones noted above are pretty straightforward. The problem (as you have cited) is trying to understand what you need (you don't know what you don't know), where to get it, qualifying its source(s), and the validity and usefulness of all that.

    Pardon me if I've gone into this too much, but I meet many people with the same concerns that you are voicing and this is offered, as much as possible in direct response to your post.

    Please feel free to contact me if you have any comments or questions.


    I am not really interested in taking the land to any of those levels.
    The course I mentioned gets into some of the next level. I think he calls it "pre-development" & goes over subdividing, entitlements, permits, etc.  

    I was more curious on more land programs that discuss things like this for the actual land.  Buying & selling it as land, no development.

    Perhaps what I have covers all the bases I am looking for.  I was just curious is others have found success with other programs & nuances.  
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @William F.:
    Quote from @Barry Ruby:

    Hi William, what are you looking to accomplish? Land Ed is one phase of ground-up development. While both involve finding and properly securing a site and bringing it to full entitlement, the ground-up process includes the land piece but gets way more involved and complex to execute.

    The full "Monty" for ground-up development needs to include financial literacy, an explanation of metrics, and how they work. From there, it requires the ability to conduct underwriting the highest and best use of a planned project, which requires a pro forma built by the user or acquired from a competent 3rd party. 

    Once the above skills and tools are acquired, understanding the sequential process of the development along its timelines and costs needs to be correctly implemented. The process must be understood and applied to team building, investing your and 3rd party capital, and financial deal structure with debt and equity sources. 

    The first pieces (literacy, metrics) and the following ones noted above are pretty straightforward. The problem (as you have cited) is trying to understand what you need (you don't know what you don't know), where to get it, qualifying its source(s), and the validity and usefulness of all that.

    Pardon me if I've gone into this too much, but I meet many people with the same concerns that you are voicing and this is offered, as much as possible in direct response to your post.

    Please feel free to contact me if you have any comments or questions.


    I am not really interested in taking the land to any of those levels.
    The course I mentioned gets into some of the next level. I think he calls it "pre-development" & goes over subdividing, entitlements, permits, etc.  

    I was more curious on more land programs that discuss things like this for the actual land.  Buying & selling it as land, no development.

    Perhaps what I have covers all the bases I am looking for.  I was just curious is others have found success with other programs & nuances.  

     Go to youtube and you can find enough information on how to do this. The issue is always how to find deals which is marketing and sales. Buying land is simple there is due diligence that you need to do but not a ton. Title report, confirm utilities and zoning etc. 

    You really are probably not looking at how to buy land, but how to find land deals. If that is the case then focus on marketing, and not just from land people as everyone else is doing it that way so how do you stick out? 

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Member since 2023 · 35 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    William, sounds like the Land Riches blueprint covers a lot! I’m interested in learning how to find land and subdividing it. From the course is it a difficult process? 

    How much did the course cost and does it come with support?

  • Investor · SD · Member since 2023 · 35 posts · 33 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Issa Santos:

    William, sounds like the Land Riches blueprint covers a lot! I’m interested in learning how to find land and subdividing it. From the course is it a difficult process? 

    How much did the course cost and does it come with support?


    I believe the course was $1297 and had some information on subdividing. I know Jonathon showed examples of subdivisions he has done & they do offer coaching that is substantially cheaper than any others I have seen that may help you even more with that. The course does come with some support.  I would suggest reaching out to them & talking about what you want to do.  Their site is thelandmethod.com.  I am not making anything by referring you.  That is not an affiliate link.  I am just trying to help fellow land investors get the best information out there.  Good luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2017 · 22 posts · 12 votes
    1y

    The coaching for Jonathan's The Land Method is NOT substantially cheaper.  Their Gold Coaching program is $10K which is similar to most other land coaches.  They do have a la carte coaching options, but the price is not listed.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.