I'm looking to invest in raw land

I'm looking to invest in raw land

Rental Property Investor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2021 · 14 posts · 7 votes

Hello,

Anyone willing to share a source for off market land deals?

5Reply
63 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 2 votes
2y

My biggest return on investments that I have ever made has been from land. You just need to do your homework and know your market, add-value and sub-divide the lots. I would be happy to share some of my strategies at NO COST to those that are interested in connecting. 

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Title Representative · Irvine, CA · Member since 2017 · 874 posts · 519 votes
    2y

    You usually have to contact land owners direct if you are looking for off-market.  I use LandVision, but you can also use Propstream, etc and build lists of parcels in the markets you are looking, and then you skip trace the owners, call them/mail them, etc.

  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Dean Carter:

    Hello,

    Anyone willing to share a source for off market land deals?


     wherever you are looking for land I'd argue it's a bad strategy unless you are buying for pennies on the dollar. where I'm at in columbus ohio there is a 12 months supply of land on the market so it's a buyer's market. unless the market is a seller's market which can be established with a real estate agent (less than 6 months supply on the market, and really I'd say 3 months), then I'd avoid this strategy 

  • Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    My biggest return on investments that I have ever made has been from land. You just need to do your homework and know your market, add-value and sub-divide the lots. I would be happy to share some of my strategies at NO COST to those that are interested in connecting. 

  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Rick Lee:

    My biggest return on investments that I have ever made has been from land. You just need to do your homework and know your market, add-value and sub-divide the lots. I would be happy to share some of my strategies at NO COST to those that are interested in connecting. 


     I wouldn't recommend subdividing them and putting utilities in. multifamily entitlement is much higher returns than subdivisions. just my advice but I have 10 years of experience in agency, appraisal, development, construction, from a national perspective but based out of columbus 

  • Specialist · Member since 2021 · 266 posts · 113 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Dean Carter:

    Hello,

    Anyone willing to share a source for off market land deals?


  • Specialist · Member since 2021 · 266 posts · 113 votes
    2y

    Like most everything in real estate, it depends on the location. In my area, East Texas, there are miles and miles of vacant raw land. It's hard to know which ones might be off-market or for sale. As it's nearly impossible to locate an address as most of these have no address. As far as finding a resource, I doubt there are any, to be honest.

  • Wholesaler · WA · Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Dean Carter:

    Hello,

    Anyone willing to share a source for off market land deals?

    Hi how are you? I came across your posting and would love to discuss options that we have readily available for you. Please email me at [email protected].  we currently have land in mississippi and in Florida. Looking forward to speaking with you.
  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    @Rick Lee

    Good Day,

    I have a lot on FL gulf coast over hour north of Tampa. Thinking 🤔 what I should do sell it or build then sell. Had it for 20 yrs. Now worth 15k.

  • Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Noel Dixon:

    @Rick Lee

    Good Day,

    I have a lot on FL gulf coast over hour north of Tampa. Thinking 🤔 what I should do sell it or build then sell. Had it for 20 yrs. Now worth 15k.


    Hello Noel, I can do a quick study on the market in the area if you like and let you know my recommendations. Please PM me the address and other details that might help me with the valuation such as utilities available, easements ect. 

  • Wholesaler · WA · Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Noel Dixon:

    @Rick Lee

    Good Day,

    I have a lot on FL gulf coast over hour north of Tampa. Thinking 🤔 what I should do sell it or build then sell. Had it for 20 yrs. Now worth 15k.


     We could help discuss some options. Please contact me. 

  • Contractor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    $10K 5 Acres in Pinehill NM & $20K 20 Acres in Sweetwater Co., WY - Under Contract


    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/517/topics/1191186-10k-5-acres-in-pinehill-nm-and-20k-20-acres-in-sweetwater-co-wy-under-contract

    Please look at this post and let me know your thoughts! 

    Regards,

    Israel

  • Member since 2019 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Dean Carter:

    Hello,

    Anyone willing to share a source for off market land deals?


    Buy random land in market where DOM is less than 62 hours … just drive around or talk to broker  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.