Building new construction

Building new construction

Member since 2026 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hello all, 

My name is Luke Fischer I am 24 years old. I have been in this forum for a bit of time now and this is my first time typing. I am from North NJ and I am looking to begin buying houses and renting them out shortly. Where I differ, i am fully capable of building homes as I am doing for myself now. It's something I truly enjoy and hoping to turn this into a way to earn money on top of my job now. I was first going to start by buying a house and renting it out just to get things moving. Ultimately, I want to be the general contractor and build them plus do a lot of the work myself or with a crew. Which will save me tons of money.  Houses will be modular homes to bypass a lot of the work that needs to be certified. Anyone on here do this? Any input would be greatly appreciated.  

0Reply
87 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nicholas L.Pro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    8mo

    @Luke Fischer

    while you continue to learn about building, i'd still house hack

    if you house hack several times in a row, you'll have a portfolio by age 30

    it uses your housing payment (which almost everyone has) to build equity

    hope this helps

  • Member since 2026 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8mo

    @Nicholas L.

    Thank you for the comment! Anything helps as I am new. But I am currently building a house for myself already that should have minimal mortgage payments when done. As I am doing a lot of it myself and have zero bills right now I can afford to put a lot down. So hopefully I will have a small mortgage or no mortgage. 


    My main thing I am interested in is developing luxury apartments or anything with 20+ doors, being the owner and renting them out. Obviously that's a ways out but am fully confident I will get to that point. 

  • Investor · Ocala, FL. · Member since 2026 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    8mo

    Keep posting.  Share photos of work, and utilize social media to capture your content. Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.