Would you develop this 24-acre Guadalupe River property as cabins, RV park, or hold?

Would you develop this 24-acre Guadalupe River property as cabins, RV park, or hold?

Member since 2026 · 15 posts · 1 vote

I’d love some feedback from investors on this one.

I have a 24-acre unrestricted property on the Guadalupe River in Kerrville, TX, and I’m evaluating the best use case from an investment standpoint.

Here’s what makes it interesting:

• Unrestricted land (rare for riverfront)
• Guadalupe River frontage
• Existing cabins with month-to-month income
• Strong Hill Country tourism market

I see a few potential paths:

  1. Short-term rental cabin community
  2. RV park / glamping concept
  3. Event venue + lodging
  4. Hold as a long-term appreciation play

From your experience, which route would you pursue and why?

I’ve run some preliminary numbers and would be happy to share if anyone is interested.

Also open to connecting if this is something that fits your portfolio.

1Reply
52 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Alan MendozaPro Member
    Investor · IA · Member since 2026 · 5 posts · 8 votes
    6mo

    Hey Katie, I’m sending you a message here shortly 

  • Developer · San Antonio · Member since 2016 · 157 posts · 85 votes
    6mo

    I think all of those could be good options, not sure which path would be the most profitable.  But it is a really pretty area around there!

    Is this in the floodplain?  Wondering if so and how much of the acreage might be affected.  

  • Member since 2026 · 15 posts · 1 vote
    6mo

    @Jamie Hora 

    It really is a beautiful area out there!

    Yes, part of the property is in the floodplain. From what we’ve seen, the recent flood reached about the 100-year flood line. That said, there’s roughly half of the property at a higher elevation that wasn’t impacted, so there’s still plenty of usable space depending on how it’s developed.

    A lot of investors look at a mix of uses—keeping higher elevations for more permanent improvements and utilizing lower areas for things like RV setups or recreational use.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.