I’m actively building a land investment business in Texas and looking to connect with developers, land investors, builders, and others involved in land acquisitions.
I’m currently evaluating opportunities ranging from infill lots to larger acreage tracts and enjoy discussing land investing, development, entitlement strategies, and creative deal structures.
If you’re actively buying land in Texas or working on development projects, I’d love to connect, learn more about your criteria, and build relationships with others in the industry.
Developer · San Antonio · Member since 2016 · 157 posts · 85 votes
3mo
Hi Billy, I am civil engineer in Texas and work on all types of land development projects and all different stages, from Due Diligence, Entitlements, Platting, to full design & permitting. I'm located in San Antonio but have done projects throughout DFW area if that is where you are planning purchasing land. I've done single family subdivisions in Watauga & Flower Mound, and commercial developments in Fort Worth, Celina, Plano and others.
If you have more specific questions I'm happy to answer and share my experience with you.
Hi Billy, I am civil engineer in Texas and work on all types of land development projects and all different stages, from Due Diligence, Entitlements, Platting, to full design & permitting. I'm located in San Antonio but have done projects throughout DFW area if that is where you are planning purchasing land. I've done single family subdivisions in Watauga & Flower Mound, and commercial developments in Fort Worth, Celina, Plano and others.
If you have more specific questions I'm happy to answer and share my experience with you.
Yeah of course, what is your buy box and what do you look for specifically?
Hi Billy, I am civil engineer in Texas and work on all types of land development projects and all different stages, from Due Diligence, Entitlements, Platting, to full design & permitting. I'm located in San Antonio but have done projects throughout DFW area if that is where you are planning purchasing land. I've done single family subdivisions in Watauga & Flower Mound, and commercial developments in Fort Worth, Celina, Plano and others.
If you have more specific questions I'm happy to answer and share my experience with you.
Yeah of course, what is your buy box and what do you look for specifically?
I personally do not Buy/Invest, so I cannot answer it in that sense. I am on the engineering side.
If talking about engineering, my primary experience is engineering on commercial lots 1-5 acres. But I've done all sorts of projects, different uses (SF, MF, industrial, national brands), different acreage sites, and multiple states (Texas, Arizona, Louisiana, Mississippi), and projects of different needs (from only due diligence, to entitlements, to the full works of design & permitting & construction).
Dallas, TX · Member since 2026 · 29 posts · 7 votes
3mo
Good thread. Billy — to your original question, what I'd add from the operations side is that the "buy box" for raw land in North Texas right now depends heavily on infrastructure timing. A 20-acre tract in the ETJ might pencil at a great price per acre, but if the nearest water/wastewater tap is two miles out and the MUD hasn't issued bonds yet, your hold costs and timeline just changed dramatically.
The stuff that kills first-time land deals up here isn't price — it's the gap between what the county appraisal district shows and what the utility districts, city ETJ maps, and TxDOT thoroughfare plans actually tell you. Those are three different stories about the same piece of dirt.
What type of product are you looking to build, and are you targeting any specific corridors?
I’m actively building a land investment business in Texas and looking to connect with developers, land investors, builders, and others involved in land acquisitions.
I’m currently evaluating opportunities ranging from infill lots to larger acreage tracts and enjoy discussing land investing, development, entitlement strategies, and creative deal structures.
If you’re actively buying land in Texas or working on development projects, I’d love to connect, learn more about your criteria, and build relationships with others in the industry.
We've driven all over Texas. It's a huge state with lots of land and opportunity. Have you ever bought land?