Buying a land/lot and doing a new build, advice??

Buying a land/lot and doing a new build, advice??

Bridgeport, CT · Member since 2017 · 28 posts · 5 votes

Hello All,

Curious to know what are your ideas an advice for buying a piece of land and doing a new build? 

0Reply
24 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Conway, AR · Member since 2017 · 146 posts · 75 votes
    9y

    Talk to a builder for the most accurate information... But I do have some advice.

    If this land has not been built before and it's not tied into city sewer, you will need to make sure it PERCs. This is to see if you can get septic there. IF it does not PERC, you can still get septic you just have to go through more steps. Also, need to see how much someone will build you a house for. Depending on how fancy you want to go, it can be from $85/sqft (give or take a few dollars and depending on market) and up as high as you want to go.

    I know some people have found this to be very profitable and can give you better advice. I have looked into it and have decided to stick to what I know for now, which is buying off the MLS for SFH.

    Good luck to you!

  • Bridgeport, CT · Member since 2017 · 28 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Zachary H.:

    Talk to a builder for the most accurate information... But I do have some advice.

    If this land has not been built before and it's not tied into city sewer, you will need to make sure it PERCs. This is to see if you can get septic there. IF it does not PERC, you can still get septic you just have to go through more steps. Also, need to see how much someone will build you a house for. Depending on how fancy you want to go, it can be from $85/sqft (give or take a few dollars and depending on market) and up as high as you want to go.

    I know some people have found this to be very profitable and can give you better advice. I have looked into it and have decided to stick to what I know for now, which is buying off the MLS for SFH.

    Good luck to you!

    Thank you for your advice!! I appreciate it! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.