IKEA cabinet review after 2 years of use!

IKEA cabinet review after 2 years of use!

Flipper/Rehabber · Yardley, PA · Member since 2015 · 451 posts · 307 votes

Hi everyone

Just wanted to share personal experience using IKEA cabinets in my rental. I know it’s usually a debate whether or not to use them. Well after 2 years of renting.. still holding up fine with no issues! Just did a turnover to new tenants and they clean up nice! Easily wiped down, stains came right off etc.

Of note when I assembled them originally, I used construction adhesive on all connecting joints and added an extra trim head cabinet screw on large pieces to really hold them together. No water damage from tenants so bottoms (inside) are good. Those were caulked as well just in case.

If anyone has any other questions about using these cabinets... ask away!

0Reply
37 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Yardley, PA · Member since 2015 · 451 posts · 307 votes
    7y

    Forgot to include picture of kitchen for reference. This is a higher end finished home so rent is at top of market for my area (West Passyunk) 

  • David RobertsonBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2010 · 755 posts · 778 votes
    7y

    Thanks for sharing.  I have always wondered about the durability of IKEA kitchen cabinets.  I used some IKEA vanities in our personal residence, and they've aged fine for about 5 years.

    FlipperForce
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.