How do you finance renovations for a distressed home?

How do you finance renovations for a distressed home?

Jatsons MateoPro Member
Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 4 votes

I am looking to buy distressed properties but don't know how I would finance it. Can anyone tell me the best way to go about this? Should I be doing this with cash or use credit cards, loans, etc. ?

1Reply
15 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · North Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Jatsons Mateo

    I would inquire with a local hard money lender as well to see what financing they will offer.

  • Specialist · Delran, NJ · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 951 votes
    6y

    Way to little info. How much are you looking to buy them for? Are you looking to finance rehab? 

  • Stephanie P.Pro Member
    Washington, DC Mortgage Lender/Broker · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @jatsons Mateo

    owner occupied or investor loan?

  • Rental Property Investor · Auburn, WA · Member since 2015 · 110 posts · 33 votes
    6y

    @Jatsons Mateo Hello Jatsons I have financed mine through VA -Rehab loans. That I know is not available for everyone. My next step is private money lender and then exit strategy I have a VA Loan pre approval in place for the remainder of my entitlement. Whatever you do don't give up look for creative way to make it work in your market. I was stuck in that phase of what to do next in my market which is somewhat expensive. But keep digging and networking and get involved with ReIA in your area. I have found that a closed mouth does not get fed. So my mouth is always asking questions and willing to listen other people's stories , there success and there failures. I would be careful with credit cards I have heard there is a lot of stress that comes with that method as well.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.