First Steps to Land Development

5 Replies

Hello!

Is $100k enough to start a Land Development company/venture? Nothing crazy! 

When I started working towards this, a "mentor" who built a successful development company started with $100k building metal buildings. 7 years later, his company does $1million + deals and is in multifamily now. I'm looking for that ember that needs a little life breathed into it so it can become a bonfire! :D 

I'm not sure if it is enough in todays market. I wouldn't  know where to begin! 
Any input is appreciated. 

Thanks!

If you want to get into land development and cannot finance your end cashflow goal right away... Purchase a piece of dirt, subdivide, creatively finance, build, and sell. Hold 1 lot for your cashflow idea. I am currently in the process of doing this exact same strategy in Sayulita, MX.

Originally posted by @Joshua Sonnier :

Hello!

Is $100k enough to start a Land Development company/venture? Nothing crazy! 

When I started working towards this, a "mentor" who built a successful development company started with $100k building metal buildings. 7 years later, his company does $1million + deals and is in multifamily now. I'm looking for that ember that needs a little life breathed into it so it can become a bonfire! :D 

I'm not sure if it is enough in todays market. I wouldn't  know where to begin! 
Any input is appreciated. 

Thanks!

You don't need money you need expertise. I started with Zero and turned that into Hundreds of millions of dollars. The key is education. You need to become an expert on the market and the business and find a way to provide value to the marketplace or other investors and developers and turn that into equity. It's all about the right knowledge and expertise applied to the right vehicle in the right market at the right time. Velocity of cash compounded over time.