Realtor · PInellas County Largo, FL · Member since 2016 · 902 posts · 810 votes
4y
Staging for prospective renters? Personally in my market, I wouldn't bother, but if you have more units than tenants in your area and you need to:
For low-cost staging, I have used Rent-A-Center. They use Ashley furniture, and do weekly rentals with free delivery and pick up. Make sure you use the stuff that has been in houses before -- they will be MUCH cheaper and the manager won't mind them going out for a short period -- they won't lose him value. Talk to the GM and tell him your plan -- he/she will show you your options.
Keep in mind that you really only need to stage living rooms and dining room. You should not need to stage bedrooms unless you are going all-out.
For decorations and the TV, I have used my stuff and spare televisions.
For a high-end staging, you can call a staging company. See what Realtors in your area use staging (higher than average priced listings, usually) and either ask them or look at the company's info in the house. They usually leave a sign.
But since you say you're a new investor, I would try a clean, white-boxed unit for your initial showings and see if you can rent it out before spending time and money on staging.