New to Real Estate · Shelbyville, KY · Member since 2022 · 14 posts · 1 vote
I`m looking at a 950 sq ft ,2/1 condo ...asking is 110000, ARV looks to be about 175000.It needs flooring ,paint ,and a light bath and kitchen update. The seller is willing to "sub to" the mortgage of about 50k. I`m trying to decide how to make the deal work, I could take a HELOC on my primary,( only as a last resort ) or find a private ,or hard money lender to cover the down payment on the 60k & closing costs.
Real Estate Agent · Temple, TX · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 700 votes
3y
It sounds like a Private Money Lender may be a good option for this scenario so long as the numbers work out well and there are plenty of comps to support the 175 ARV. For flooring, paint, bathroom, and kitchen updating on a 950 sq ft property, it shouldnt be too crazy of a rehab. It sounds like a good deal! I would start searching for someone to cover that 60k!
Real Estate Agent · Temple, TX · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 700 votes
3y
It sounds like a Private Money Lender may be a good option for this scenario so long as the numbers work out well and there are plenty of comps to support the 175 ARV. For flooring, paint, bathroom, and kitchen updating on a 950 sq ft property, it shouldnt be too crazy of a rehab. It sounds like a good deal! I would start searching for someone to cover that 60k!
It sounds like a Private Money Lender may be a good option for this scenario so long as the numbers work out well and there are plenty of comps to support the 175 ARV. For flooring, paint, bathroom, and kitchen updating on a 950 sq ft property, it shouldnt be too crazy of a rehab. It sounds like a good deal! I would start searching for someone to cover that 60k!
Contractor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
3y
Sounds like you need more than $60k.
-You need $60k to cover the difference between $50k and $110k.
-You need another $5k for closing costs.
-You need around $30k for rehab.
-And you'll need another $5-$10k for holding costs during your rehab.
So that means you need more like ~$100k to pull this off. Still will put you under the ARV by about 15% when you're all done with it. Not a bad deal if you plan to hold it. Just make sure you're confident in that ARV number.
A hard money lender is going to require you to put some skin in the game. How much cash do you have?
I`m looking at a 950 sq ft ,2/1 condo ...asking is 110000, ARV looks to be about 175000.It needs flooring ,paint ,and a light bath and kitchen update. The seller is willing to "sub to" the mortgage of about 50k. I`m trying to decide how to make the deal work, I could take a HELOC on my primary,( only as a last resort ) or find a private ,or hard money lender to cover the down payment on the 60k & closing costs.
What would you advise ??
Since this is your 1st deal ., just flip the contract for 5- 10k. Its highly unlikely anyone is going to loan you money any money since you have no experience. So flip it , learn save then go on your own
Good Luck
PS do not pay more than 100k, all in 120kish, add 5k for you, so 125k, leaves about 40k im profit, win win ,
-You need $60k to cover the difference between $50k and $110k.
-You need another $5k for closing costs.
-You need around $30k for rehab.
-And you'll need another $5-$10k for holding costs during your rehab.
So that means you need more like ~$100k to pull this off. Still will put you under the ARV by about 15% when you're all done with it. Not a bad deal if you plan to hold it. Just make sure you're confident in that ARV number.
A hard money lender is going to require you to put some skin in the game. How much cash do you have?
Valid points...I think we can accomplish the rehab for considerably less than 30k...I plan on handling that personally .I especially appreciate your thought on the ARV value confirmation as well...if thats not correct the whole deal is a no go.
I`m looking at a 950 sq ft ,2/1 condo ...asking is 110000, ARV looks to be about 175000.It needs flooring ,paint ,and a light bath and kitchen update. The seller is willing to "sub to" the mortgage of about 50k. I`m trying to decide how to make the deal work, I could take a HELOC on my primary,( only as a last resort ) or find a private ,or hard money lender to cover the down payment on the 60k & closing costs.
What would you advise ??
Since this is your 1st deal ., just flip the contract for 5- 10k. Its highly unlikely anyone is going to loan you money any money since you have no experience. So flip it , learn save then go on your own
Good Luck
PS do not pay more than 100k, all in 120kish, add 5k for you, so 125k, leaves about 40k im profit, win win ,
I`m looking at a 950 sq ft ,2/1 condo ...asking is 110000, ARV looks to be about 175000.It needs flooring ,paint ,and a light bath and kitchen update. The seller is willing to "sub to" the mortgage of about 50k. I`m trying to decide how to make the deal work, I could take a HELOC on my primary,( only as a last resort ) or find a private ,or hard money lender to cover the down payment on the 60k & closing costs.
What would you advise ??
Since this is your 1st deal ., just flip the contract for 5- 10k. Its highly unlikely anyone is going to loan you money any money since you have no experience. So flip it , learn save then go on your own
Good Luck
PS do not pay more than 100k, all in 120kish, add 5k for you, so 125k, leaves about 40k im profit, win win ,