Private Money Loan, is this a good thing or bad thing?

Private Money Loan, is this a good thing or bad thing?

Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 0 votes

I have been looking into this. It seems like a legitimate way to get funding for real estate investing. Has anyone had experience with this?

0Reply
14 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 916 posts · 647 votes
    3y

    I have a good deal of experience with HM. Short answer, it depends. HM is a tool used for some deals and not others. Pros and cons. Pros: Fast closing, minimal documentation and analysis, and can be used on unbankable properties (deferred maintenence, tax liens, cloud on title, etc). Cons: expensive, high interest, short loan periods, and riskier. 

  • Kenneth GarrettPro Member
    Investor · Florida Panhandle/Illinois · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    @Christophe Madell

    I've used private lending for years for my flips and BRRRR projects. It's a great way to fund projects without using your own capital. I've never used HML so I can't speak on that. After my first BRRRR project, I was able to get 100% funding for purchase and rehab. Real estate has been good to me.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    3y

    @Christophe Madell

    Is it legitimate - yes BUT be very careful as 95% of those you find online “offfering” private money are scams and want an upfront payment from you.

    If they use gmail, yahoo, aol etc for an email and do not have their own business domain - run away

    7e investments53 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.