Which land flipping course should I choose?

Which land flipping course should I choose?

Member since 2020 路 4 posts 路 3 votes

Hi hive,

I am new to investing and trying to learn from the different options out there. I have learned a lot from free information available on YouTube, forums, and blogs. I would like to purchase a structured course and have narrowed down my options to Seth William's REtipster masterclass, Joe McCall's simple land flips course, and Jack Bosch's Land Profit Generator. Could you please provide insights on these?

Very much appreciate your help!

Thanks!

3Reply
300 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2022 路 9 posts 路 17 votes
3y

I am in the same situation but ultimately will most likely go with Seth Williams because it is not necessarily a money-making funnel for him but more his heart to help.  He even chatted with me through this forum (Bigger Pockets) and was very encouraging that you can even do it just with free stuff out there.  

My biggest question when I was researching all the programs was "If these people are so successful at what they do, why are they charging so much for all of this and always trying to upsell?"  That is why I chose Seth William's program

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Smokies / Greenville, SC 路 Member since 2021 路 129 posts 路 146 votes
    3y

    Lots of great information out there and investing in good education will always give great ROI. Find someone to jump into a deal with and "JUST DO IT"! You will learn the most from first-hand experience. You will only learn so much from a course and will go into paralysis analysis.

  • Member since 2020 路 4 posts 路 3 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Mack Lengel:

    Lots of great information out there and investing in good education will always give great ROI. Find someone to jump into a deal with and "JUST DO IT"! You will learn the most from first-hand experience. You will only learn so much from a course and will go into paralysis analysis.

    You are so right about analysis paralysis 馃榿

    Not too concerned about mechanics though I would like to learn more about how to best use CRMs (specifically freedomsoft), but also would like to learn specifics regarding forming LLC structures and tax strategies 馃

  • Member since 2020 路 24 posts 路 19 votes
    3y

    As far as LLC structures and tax strategies you should find a CPA who has experience with real estate and small business. You could find your local wholesaler ( basically what a land flipper is) and ask about what CRMs they are using and also talk CPAs.

    I just jumped in feet first.  I listened to podcasts, watched YouTube, read blogs and tutorials and just decided to go for it.  I flipped two my first year and made a great profit $70,000+(2021), I had zero land deals the next year (2022) I had two deals fall thru,  but used my knowledge and resources to get my family into a bigger/newer house ( using subject-to financing), sell my old house and payoff the sub-to mortgage and make $20,000 on top.  I haven't hit it hard yet this year,  trying my hand at pre-foreclosures.

    I don't use a CRM, I'm hand writing letters and reaching out according to a criteria I dictated.  I found a CPA to set up an llc and s-corp for me. Im not running a profit generating machine.  Im doing it more for the love of learning the process and to make a side income.  

  • Member since 2023 路 1 post 路 4 votes
    3y

    I would not do Joe McCall program. I'm currently a student and just requested a full refund. In order to work Joes program would take at least 5-10k. Once you sign up there's a ton of other systems (Freedomsoft, Prycd, Mailers, LLC, phone lines etc)he recommends that you get in order to do his program successfully. It's an avalanche of information. He seems to be a nice guy but his program is not for the new guy. Definitely geared towards ppl that are intermediate in Real Estate. Check out Paul Jang, Victor Reynolds, Elijah Bryant there are others out there who aren't as BIG as Joe who will give you more bang for your buck and are still accessible. The only time I see Joe is during the time to sell the program.

  • Member since 2020 路 4 posts 路 3 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Yolanda Johnson:

    I would not do Joe McCall program. I'm currently a student and just requested a full refund. In order to work Joes program would take at least 5-10k. Once you sign up there's a ton of other systems (Freedomsoft, Prycd, Mailers, LLC, phone lines etc)he recommends that you get in order to do his program successfully. It's an avalanche of information. He seems to be a nice guy but his program is not for the new guy. Definitely geared towards ppl that are intermediate in Real Estate. Check out Paul Jang, Victor Reynolds, Elijah Bryant there are others out there who aren't as BIG as Joe who will give you more bang for your buck and are still accessible. The only time I see Joe is during the time to sell the program.

    Thank you. Great input
  • Member since 2022 路 9 posts 路 17 votes
    3y

    I am in the same situation but ultimately will most likely go with Seth Williams because it is not necessarily a money-making funnel for him but more his heart to help.  He even chatted with me through this forum (Bigger Pockets) and was very encouraging that you can even do it just with free stuff out there.  

    My biggest question when I was researching all the programs was "If these people are so successful at what they do, why are they charging so much for all of this and always trying to upsell?"  That is why I chose Seth William's program

  • Boston, MA 路 Member since 2015 路 5 posts 路 6 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Tiffany Henning:

    I am in the same situation but ultimately will most likely go with Seth Williams because it is not necessarily a money-making funnel for him but more his heart to help.  He even chatted with me through this forum (Bigger Pockets) and was very encouraging that you can even do it just with free stuff out there.  

    My biggest question when I was researching all the programs was "If these people are so successful at what they do, why are they charging so much for all of this and always trying to upsell?"  That is why I chose Seth William's program


     @Tiffany Henning, I totally agree with you. I listen to Seth's podcasts and I've gone back to the beginning to binge them. I REALLY like that he asks deep questions and constantly probes his podcast subjects. Sometimes when listening to podcasts, I have questions that the interviewer doesn't ask - not Seth, he's VERY good at asking questions, asking his subjects to clarify and asking them to clarify again. After listening to his podcasts, I don't have questions because he's already asked them.

    I got into a different program before I learned about Seth, but I do soak up his information. Once I get a few deals under my belt and money is more abundant, I'll also purchase Seth's training.

  • Member since 2024 路 1 post 路 2 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Yolanda Johnson:

    I would not do Joe McCall program. I'm currently a student and just requested a full refund. In order to work Joes program would take at least 5-10k. Once you sign up there's a ton of other systems (Freedomsoft, Prycd, Mailers, LLC, phone lines etc)he recommends that you get in order to do his program successfully. It's an avalanche of information. He seems to be a nice guy but his program is not for the new guy. Definitely geared towards ppl that are intermediate in Real Estate. Check out Paul Jang, Victor Reynolds, Elijah Bryant there are others out there who aren't as BIG as Joe who will give you more bang for your buck and are still accessible. The only time I see Joe is during the time to sell the program.

    Hi @Yolanda Johnson, were you able to get a refund for the course?

  • Investor 路 SD 路 Member since 2023 路 35 posts 路 33 votes
    2y
    Hi everyone.  Wanted to chime in as I have jumped into numerous courses & attended seminars as well.  I have a 6-figure land business & am just here to help (no affiliate links).

    The best land investing program I have seen is Jonathon Haveles with The Land Method and Land Riches Blueprint.  Very in-depth and up to date.  Like some others mentioned, he is very much like Seth.  Clearly wants to help people. You can tell how invested he is in others by how much time he spends making free content and answering questions in his group.  The course is also incredible.  It has so much more than other courses, & I have many.

    Seth would be my second choice.  Also very good for many of the same reasons, but not as comprehensive.  I think the difference is that Jonathon is doing land deals all the time still & that really shows in what he brings to the table.

    Bosch is middle of the road.  He markets himself to no end and I see more stuff from him than anyone else, but he is one giant sales pitch.  I went to his event & that is all it was.  His facebook group is the same.  He only wants to answer you if you pay him & his stuff is very expensive.  I went to an event recently & it was so much worse than just than 7 years ago (might be related that Jonathon was his top coach then & trained the other coaches & now Jonathon is not there).

    McCall is a complete waste of money.  The guy is a "lease-option" guy (plenty of posts here on him) that decided to jump on the land band-wagon & it shows.

    Feel free to reach out to me if you have questions.  Like I said, no ulterior motive.  I have done well with land investing & am just here to help other land investors do that same!
  • Member since 2024 路 1 post 路 0 votes
    1y

    Thanks so much for posting all this info I had been looking at Apke Land or Land Investing Online, while they give lots of free information if you really want in depth or access to their letters you have to buy their course. From the information you offered, I researched The Land Method and can clearly see why Jonathan is the way to go. I鈥檓 going with him he has been doing this for many many years and trained some of these that are now mostly selling their courses versus actually doing deals. Jon Jasniak is pretty good too I like him a lot because he now offers his course for free and he is in Texas and I grew up in West Texas. 

  • Member since 2025 路 6 posts 路 1 vote
    1y

    I highly recommend LIA (Landinvestor.co). Theres so much value that you get and the strategies taught are unique and data driven. You will learn to be efficient with your marketing dollars and time and the community is very supportive. If you have questions about it feel free to connect w/ me

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.