How much montly profit do you make on your property?

How much montly profit do you make on your property?

Point Pleasant, NJ · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 1 vote

Is there any guideline or goal of how much a monthly profit anyone makes on 1 property?

I have a property worth 70k and rented for $990 and stick $400 a month in my pocket. I think thats pretty good (got a good deal on a shortsale) If anyone was to post how much they make I was always wondering.

Nate

0Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2014 · 49 posts · 21 votes
12y

I immediately remove a small portion of my monthly net cash flow for reserves, and put it in a separate reserve account, then I take whatever the income taxes will be and put that in a money market account. What's left is what really hits my pocket. I sleep better at night that way.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Mount Olive, IL · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 310 votes
    12y

    @Account Closed Most investor are looking for a minimum of $200 per month for SFR and a minimum of $100 per unit per month for multifamily properties.

    You are well above those guidelines. Great for you.

  • Investor · Lafayette/Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 915 votes
    12y

    @Account Closed as much as ethically possible as determined by the market. :-)

    Seriously.

  • Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2013 · 19 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    I think you are doing pretty good!

  • Severna Park, MD · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    12y

    You put $ 400 in your pocket until there is a problem . Which their will be at some point in time , put a good sum off to the side for that time .

  • Real Estate Investor · Desoto, TX · Member since 2013 · 560 posts · 528 votes
    12y

    To piggyback on what Matthew Paul said. I have a property I paid $70K for and it rents for $1095 but I don't stick $400 a month in my pocket. In addition to PITI and other operating expenses, you need to factor in maintenance reserves, vacancy loss, etc which may not be actual expenses you are paying out of your pocket at this moment but will be at some point in the future. You need to have money set aside to cover this when it happens. As a result, I wouldn't look at is as $400 bucks in my pocket.

  • Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2014 · 49 posts · 21 votes
    12y

    I immediately remove a small portion of my monthly net cash flow for reserves, and put it in a separate reserve account, then I take whatever the income taxes will be and put that in a money market account. What's left is what really hits my pocket. I sleep better at night that way.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.