How are you sourcing your investments properties?

How are you sourcing your investments properties?

Member since 2023 · 9 posts · 1 vote

Hello! I am a licensed agent and investor in PA based in Philadelphia, and I have noticed some trends with investors sourcing deals. With the amount of wholesalers stepping into the industry, and the creative financing frenzy exploding into the market, how does everyone go about sourcing the ideal opportunity? The MLS seems ideal for anyone looking to use conventional financing, but how are cash buyers and hard money users finding the perfect flips or rentals?

0Reply
40 views

Most Popular Reply

Alan AsriantsBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
3y

Building relationships with homeowners

When it comes time to sell you will be the first person they think of. If the deal is worth it, buy it from them. If they want market rent, list it for them

Win-win as an agent

Alan Asriants - New Century Real Estate 590 Reviews
View Page
See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    Either connect with the big fish finding the deals or hire people to find deals off market and be direct to seller. Deals are tight currently 

  • Member since 2019 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y

    I use software which basically a function of ARV and comps.

  • Investor · Hopedale, MA · Member since 2021 · 321 posts · 212 votes
    3y

    direct mail, cold calling, cold texting, voicemail drops, networking events, and getting on wholesalers' buyers' lists!

  • Member since 2023 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @Caleb Brown:

    Either connect with the big fish finding the deals or hire people to find deals off market and be direct to seller. Deals are tight currently 

    Thanks for the insight. I often work with deals that are direct to seller (agent wholesaling format), and it seems lucrative compared to sourcing using the mls. Prices are often more agreeable in the off-market wholesaling operation. How would you go about getting more agents and real estate professionals into your client list? I think building these relationships with realtors/agents could help build a flow for off market sales, and for the client’s needs.
  • Member since 2023 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @Carlos Ptriawan:

    I use software which basically a function of ARV and comps.

     Thanks @Carlos Ptriawan! What software works best for you?

  • Member since 2023 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @Jessie Dillon:

    direct mail, cold calling, cold texting, voicemail drops, networking events, and getting on wholesalers' buyers' lists!

    Thanks @Jessie Dillon! I’ve been doing most of that for some time now. How would you approach agents to get them into your list as a wholesaler?

  • Alan AsriantsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    Building relationships with homeowners

    When it comes time to sell you will be the first person they think of. If the deal is worth it, buy it from them. If they want market rent, list it for them

    Win-win as an agent

    Alan Asriants - New Century Real Estate 590 Reviews
    View Page
  • Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    @Zahmir Brooks-Smith we are based out of the Pittsburgh PA market. Here is drying up also. You have to try and test. One specific area may dry up and another may flourish. Track all of your results and hold your money, time and resources accountable. The answer to your question is Just About Everywhere is where you source deals. If it was an easy solution to your questions then everyone would do it. Out work and out think your competition

  • Member since 2023 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @Jessie Dillon:

    direct mail, cold calling, cold texting, voicemail drops, networking events, and getting on wholesalers' buyers' lists!


     Thanks for this Jessie! I have taken that route in my sales approach and it has been working!

  • Member since 2023 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @Alex Deacon:

    Thank You @Alex Deacon.  Creativity goes a long way in this business, especially when your clients are hungry. What are some metrics you'd use to test the markets? I work solely with distressed properties and investments, so the recent tests I have run are based on DOM, Flip-comps, and leveraging the wholesaling method to execute faster. Any suggestions regarding a different approach?

  • Financial Advisor · Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    @Zahmir Brooks-Smith: I have been an international real estate consultant for over 20 years and I can tell you (as some others have mentioned here): Trust is the key and you only get trust through personal contacts. Unfortunately, no software or mass mails will help you. Create a list of potential sellers (also brokers). Write a personal, honest mail with an enclosure where you introduce yourself and your company. This is hard work and will only pay off after months or years, but it's the only way to build your own network, gain trust and eventually get deal after deal. I wish you much success!

  • Member since 2023 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    Thanks @Alan Asriants! I usually work as a buyer, so I don't typically list properties on the MLS or help find tenants. My main focus is on buying and selling distressed properties, especially with off-market investors. I enjoy building relationships and plan to do more with homeowners. But, how can I find more cash buyers? Right now, my main competition comes from other wholesalers, so it's a bit tricky.

  • Member since 2023 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @Samuel B.:

    @Samuel B. Thanks for this! I like the forward thought aspect. I tend to focus on getting deals and  buyers for the present tense, and I often forget that the business we are in is really a future-focused arena! What would your approach be for acquiring actual cash buyers and investors? Since I exclusively work with cash buyers, my list is drying up and all of my clients are in some hefty projects. 

  • Crystal SmithPro Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Zahmir Brooks-Smith:

    Hello! I am a licensed agent and investor in PA based in Philadelphia, and I have noticed some trends with investors sourcing deals. With the amount of wholesalers stepping into the industry, and the creative financing frenzy exploding into the market, how does everyone go about sourcing the ideal opportunity? The MLS seems ideal for anyone looking to use conventional financing, but how are cash buyers and hard money users finding the perfect flips or rentals?


     You have to decide if you're going to focus on a niche or niches to source your deals. And then measure what's working and what's not. Then keep track of technology trends. Don't jump on everything that is supposedly new. We still use direct mail, warm calling (I hate cold calling); networking with wholesalers; digital bandit signs,.....  The biggest thing we've changed over the past couple of years is we give potential sellers multiple options in our offers and let them choose the offer that works for them.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Zahmir Brooks-Smith:

    Hello! I am a licensed agent and investor in PA based in Philadelphia, and I have noticed some trends with investors sourcing deals. With the amount of wholesalers stepping into the industry, and the creative financing frenzy exploding into the market, how does everyone go about sourcing the ideal opportunity? The MLS seems ideal for anyone looking to use conventional financing, but how are cash buyers and hard money users finding the perfect flips or rentals?


     Short answer, my network. I can get as many as I want. Typically get 10 or so a week sent to me. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.