Investing in Frankford, Philadelphia

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    Brian,

    Where are you thinking? I live on Frankford.

  • Real Estate Agent · 901 Market st Suite 3065 Philadelphia, PA 19107 · Member since 2021 · 71 posts · 37 votes
    2y

    Brian, 

    Depends on where in Frankford. Philadelphia is so block-to-block. I would partner with a good agent to avoid stepping on those landmines. 

  • Member since 2023 · 111 posts · 35 votes
    2y

    Hi, I am curious about the current rental market in Philadelphia. Are there any attractive rental deals still available in the city? Specifically, I am interested in options that do not involve extensive renovations or repairs. If you have any insights or recommendations, I would greatly appreciate your input. Thank you in advance!"

  • Alan AsriantsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jack Schwartz:

    Hi, I am curious about the current rental market in Philadelphia. Are there any attractive rental deals still available in the city? Specifically, I am interested in options that do not involve extensive renovations or repairs. If you have any insights or recommendations, I would greatly appreciate your input. Thank you in advance!"


     Hey Jack, this is a bit too broad of an approach as anything can really be a deal. What you have to narrow down is what areas/kind of areas, and what kind of tenant base you are looking for. 

    Once you know that you can set your sights and narrow down good properties.

    You can find cash flow pretty much in any D neighborhood, but as you go up in class your margins shrink.

    With rates and prices the way they are now, I am seeing that most deals do not work unless you are putting down 30+%

    Alan Asriants - New Century Real Estate 590 Reviews
    View Page
  • Member since 2023 · 111 posts · 35 votes
    2y

    Hi Allan,

    Thanks for reaching out! I'll be free later today or tomorrow morning. I'm really interested in hearing about finding affordable turnkey rentals or fix to rent in Philadelphia. I'll get back to you soon, and I'm excited to discuss this further! 

    Best, 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.