Leveraging a Virtual Assistant to Assist with RE investing

Leveraging a Virtual Assistant to Assist with RE investing

Real Estate Agent · Surf City, NC · Member since 2020 · 25 posts · 13 votes

Hi All! Looking for ways to offload some of the work that comes with RE investing. As my portfolio grows and general life is getting busier, I am looking for some ways to deal with some of the more mundane/routine tasks. I keep hearing about how much a VA can take off your plate (not just with RE) and was wondering if any of you'll have experience using one and how you went about it. I was thinking they could take care of things like research options for insurance, find contractors for repairs on rentals, intake tenant maintenance requests, assist with finding deals, and organize the documentation for each property. Our portfolio is geographically spread so hiring pros in a specific area doesn't make sense for us. Thanks for your thoughts and advice :)

0Reply
21 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Megan Elliott:

    Hi All! Looking for ways to offload some of the work that comes with RE investing. As my portfolio grows and general life is getting busier, I am looking for some ways to deal with some of the more mundane/routine tasks. I keep hearing about how much a VA can take off your plate (not just with RE) and was wondering if any of you'll have experience using one and how you went about it. I was thinking they could take care of things like research options for insurance, find contractors for repairs on rentals, intake tenant maintenance requests, assist with finding deals, and organize the documentation for each property. Our portfolio is geographically spread so hiring pros in a specific area doesn't make sense for us. Thanks for your thoughts and advice :)


    VA's can be a saving grace or a big headache, the key is finding them. I would recommend going through a third party organization that can assist.

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    2y

    I have successfully used VAs in my on-market and off-market business, but you will fire about 90 percent of them over time. They always start out doing well but then slack off because they never are just working for you. The key is training them to do what you want, how you want, but if you are spread out like that, those tasks are going to be very hard to find and rely on. You will have to check their work a lot which may defeat the purpose.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.