Hello, I recently located a new construction property that was built using helical piers from the start. I was told it was done just for preventative maintenance early on as the area had had some settling issues in the past with other properties. The property is in a good area and potentially a good deal, however, the piers are the question. Would the piers alone be a turn off to investors when thinking about the long term ie. renters, or selling the property. Thanks.
Rental Property Investor · SE Michigan · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 6k+ votes
2y
That property is literally screwed.
The real answer to your questions is it depends on what is common and accepted in that area. I have purchase properties in Texas with foundation problems that would make people run in fear in other parts of the country. But there, it is a common problem and people are used to fixing them.