Canadian looking to buy property in the USA

Canadian looking to buy property in the USA

Ontario, Canada · Member since 2025 · 1 post · 3 votes

Hello all, I've done some serious research and due diligence and have come to the conclusion that the US market might be for me! Investing in Texas and Florida sound great but I believe Ohio is the ticket for me. I live in Barrie, Ontario which is only a few hours away. To keep things short, I have about $60,000 Canadian ($42,000 USD) I am comfortable investing at the time. I might be able to tap into more, but for now that's what I would like to use. I'm open to all types of RE investing strategies such as; BRRRRs, flips buy and hold etc also JV's if a trusted relationship is formed. I have some RE experience, so I'm not totally green to the industry. Ideally I would like to buy a duplex in a decent area, with some cash flow and appreciation. I would love to connect with investors on all sides to hear what you have to say!

I'm ready to invest, it just needs to be ideal for my first one.

Thank you!

3Reply
19 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · North Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    @Ryland Jacques

    We work with a number of foreign partners that invest into US real estate. Feel free to DM ME for any referrals to; accountants, attorneys, lenders etc. who specialize in working with foreign real estate investors.

  • Jimmy LieuBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Ryland Jacques:

    Hello all, I've done some serious research and due diligence and have come to the conclusion that the US market might be for me! Investing in Texas and Florida sound great but I believe Ohio is the ticket for me. I live in Barrie, Ontario which is only a few hours away. To keep things short, I have about $60,000 Canadian ($42,000 USD) I am comfortable investing at the time. I might be able to tap into more, but for now that's what I would like to use. I'm open to all types of RE investing strategies such as; BRRRRs, flips buy and hold etc also JV's if a trusted relationship is formed. I have some RE experience, so I'm not totally green to the industry. Ideally I would like to buy a duplex in a decent area, with some cash flow and appreciation. I would love to connect with investors on all sides to hear what you have to say!

    I'm ready to invest, it just needs to be ideal for my first one.

    Thank you!

    Hi Ryland, you can definitely find great BRRRRs, flips, and buy and holds here in my market! One of my clients recently bought a 3/1 single family house for $120k and they're currently renting it out for $1550/month - way over the 1% rule. Plus, it's in a very desirable location and will get tons of appreciation. Happy to connect and answer any questions you may have!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.