Would You Buy Rentals Out of State Without Visiting First?

Would You Buy Rentals Out of State Without Visiting First?

Financial Advisor · FL · Member since 2024 · 447 posts · 102 votes

With financing options making it easier to invest remotely, would you ever buy a property you haven’t physically walked? Why or why not?

1Reply
67 views

Most Popular Reply

V.G JasonPro Member
Investor · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
1y

I walk every property I buy, and I buy in a bunch of different states. 

Saving a trip for such a costly endeavor will cost you later far more.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Theresa HarrisPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    1y

    I have, but have a trusted family member who walked through them and I did a video tour of them.  If I didn't have a trusted person, I'd make sure to fly/drive out and look at them.  Not worth the risk.

  • V.G JasonPro Member
    Investor · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    I walk every property I buy, and I buy in a bunch of different states. 

    Saving a trip for such a costly endeavor will cost you later far more.

  • Kerlous TadresBusiness Member
    Realtor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Hey @Stevan Stojakovic! I’ve helped several out-of-state investors pick up rentals without flying in first. It really comes down to having someone local you can trust to walk the property, dig into the numbers, and give you honest feedback on the neighborhood. If you can make one trip out, that’s always best.

    Kerlous Tadres | Reafco Real Estate540 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.