Excited to Join the BiggerPockets Community

Excited to Join the BiggerPockets Community

Real Estate Agent · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2026 · 5 posts · 1 vote

Hi everyone! My name is Erika, and I recently started my career in real estate with Canvas Homes here in Raleigh, North Carolina.

A big part of my role is connecting with investors and helping match them with opportunities that fit their goals. Since I'm just getting started, one of my priorities is learning from people who have been doing this for years.

I'd love to know:

What's one lesson you wish someone had taught you when you first got into real estate investing?

I'm looking forward to learning from the discussions here, contributing where I can, and connecting with other investors and real estate professionals.

1Reply
141 views

Most Popular Reply

Pat LulewiczBusiness Member
Realtor · Raleigh NC and Greensboro, NC · Member since 2019 · 391 posts · 392 votes
1mo

Buy commercial assets; they're meant to be investments.

Can't eat shingles (equity).

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Pat LulewiczBusiness Member
    Realtor · Raleigh NC and Greensboro, NC · Member since 2019 · 391 posts · 392 votes
    1mo

    Buy commercial assets; they're meant to be investments.

    Can't eat shingles (equity).

  • Real Estate Broker · Atlanta · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 606 votes
    1mo

    @Erika Sullivan Welcome to the BP community. One lesson I would share is to build a strong network early. A strong network with experienced investors, agents, lenders, contractors and property managers can be invaluable. Also, learn your market and how to run the numbers. Best of luck with your new career.

  • Member since 2026 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    1mo

    People are usually sincere and happy to help! It’s a great community - I think the NC market especially! Best of luck, Erika :) 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.