How can so many do all-cash offers?

How can so many do all-cash offers?

Investor · Decatur, GA · Member since 2014 · 56 posts · 16 votes

I've been looking into yellow letters and other marketing and it seems like so many say all-cash offers. Do they all have "bigger pockets" than me?

0Reply
39 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
12y

There is A LOT of cash out there right now.  It's a different world from when I started in late 1990s.  Back then cash offers were often really hard money loans from a limited buyer pool. Today I'm able to sell almost everything for cash. Even in the $150-200K range.  

The yellow letters you are looking at are used by a lot of wholesalers.  They don't use their own cash, but that of their end buyers.  So no, not everyone has bigger pockets.

That being said, I think the cash offer message is overused to the point where sellers don't even notice it anymore.  I don't focus on cash offers in my marketing.  I focus on identifying and targeting problems I can solve.  The majority of people I buy from don't need cash as much as they need someone to take the reins, solve what they perceive as insurmountable problems and walk the sellers through getting it sold.  

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dev HornPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    As I suspected, we are actually in complete agreement on that.

    And Michael I also understand your underlying issue - many cases where a "wholesaler" gets a property under contract and has NO CLUE how they will consummate the deal.  Often, they think they can get hard money, then find out that - oh, you actually have to have a great credit score and significant cash reserves to get hard money!  Then they just POST IT ON CRAIGSLIST and say a prayer.  Meanwhile, the seller thinks they have sold their house when there is low chance of actually going to closing.  I get that.  I'm not as hard-headed as I came off.  ;)

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    12y

    Financed offers hold less wait because many things can happen between signing the offer and closing.

    Bank pre approves, but later denies buyer

    Appraisal comes back to low

    Bank wants certain things fixed before they will loan on the home

  • Real estate investor · Las Vegas · Member since 2013 · 798 posts · 171 votes
    12y

    Cash (HELOC, money, funds already available) is different than any kind of pre-approved BS. Banks and other sellers that do volume usually realize that advantage. Everyone that has had a deal fall apart and then have to re-list a place that was tied up for while understands the importance of cash. If you do not already have the funds available, it is irresponsible to advertise cash bc your offer is not the same as someone that close right away, w/o needing an apprasial or needing to depend on other outside parties.

  • Bedford, NH · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Bryan L.:

    Making an offer with a line of credit that is already established and set-up (check-book type line of credit with funds available) is also considered a "cash" offer.

     Yes, definitely, wasn't claiming otherwise.  The source of the cash isn't the issue, the lack of contingencies is.

  • Member since 2017 · 52 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Joel Owens what if I’m upfront and say I work with a partner, i find the deals and he funds them, and then I show you my partners proof of funds.

    Would that be a deal breaker?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.