Need Help Setting up real estate investment

3 Replies

I am new to investing in real estate and would appreciate investors input. I currently own a home, that is rented out. I want to start a small real estate investment company using this home as the investment, taking in investors. The rent would be used as a monthly interest payment to the investors.

1. How would I set this business/ investment up as, I want the investors to be like owners in the rented house?

Thank you for any help,

Say the home is worth $100,000  , I would like to take on 10 investors at $10,000 each, and using the rent from the home as interest payments.

So you want investors to partially own your home? I'm sorry David, I'm not following you.

If you already own your home and are renting it, it sounds like you're already on track. Why split that income with investors on a home you already own? Keep that income of the rental income for yourself.

If you want to form a business, it is super easy. Just form your LLC....perhaps have one other partner (your spouse, maybe?).

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you