From NYC to out of state investing Help

From NYC to out of state investing Help

Flipper/Rehabber · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 166 posts · 88 votes

I currently live in Brooklyn NYC and as we all know, the property prices here are ridiculous.

My question is if I wanted to finance a duplex or a 4plex out of state, do I have to go to that state to obtain a bank loan or can I use Chase bank in NYC to apply for a loan for a house in Philly. Is that legal?

I'm asking because I realize that I can probably qualify for a 100k loan if I make 35k a year and I can get my moneys worth if I buy a duplex out of state. Whereas in NYC a 100k loan can probably buy a 1 bm 400sq condo.

0Reply
43 views

Most Popular Reply

Residential Real Estate Broker · Renton, WA · Member since 2014 · 87 posts · 33 votes
12y

Mortgage brokers solve this out of state or inter-state issue. Being willing to invest out of state is your greatest asset. Lots of southern and mid-western states are great places to invest. Follow the big companies like Boeing, Xerox, IBM, and others to see good areas to invest. Be sure its a city with growing trade economics.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Renton, WA · Member since 2014 · 87 posts · 33 votes
    12y

    Mortgage brokers solve this out of state or inter-state issue. Being willing to invest out of state is your greatest asset. Lots of southern and mid-western states are great places to invest. Follow the big companies like Boeing, Xerox, IBM, and others to see good areas to invest. Be sure its a city with growing trade economics.

  • Dawn AnastasiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    There isn't anything "illegal" about working with a bank in your home state to purchase out of state. It's based on whomever will work with you.

  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Ricardo S.:

    I currently live in Brooklyn NYC and as we all know, the property prices here are ridiculous.

    My question is if I wanted to finance a duplex or a 4plex out of state, do I have to go to that state to obtain a bank loan or can I use Chase bank in NYC to apply for a loan for a house in Philly. Is that legal?

    I'm asking because I realize that I can probably qualify for a 100k loan if I make 35k a year and I can get my moneys worth if I buy a duplex out of state. Whereas in NYC a 100k loan can probably buy a 1 bm 400sq condo.

     Ricardo.

    You can use the bank in NYC to finance that purchase out of state

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.