"Mad Money" Less Bearish On REI

"Mad Money" Less Bearish On REI

Real Estate Lender · Member since 2008 · 642 posts · 13 votes

Kramer isn't bullish on bank stocks, but he is becoming less bearish on real estate investing though...

http://www.thestreet.com/s/cramers-mad-money-recap-fed-wakes-up/funds/madmoneywrap/10399887.html?puc=googlefi

Regards,

Scott Miller

0Reply
6 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 189 posts · 75 votes
    18y

    Yeah, he has now mentioned several times on his show that he is currently looking at real estate. Pretty interesting to hear that on a stock show.

  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    18y

    Darnit,
    I was just commenting to a friend today how negative news coverage of REI has really been helping us get good prices on property. :lol:

    Tim

  • Real Estate Investor · Terrell, TX · Member since 2008 · 30 posts · 4 votes
    18y

    Kramer is no idiot. His stock picks average an 18% return (almost hard to believe, but very impressive).

    Given the fact that the man knows investing, how could he not recommend purchasing something using "buy low, sell high"?

    Real estate is a buy right now. Solidly.
    Median home prices have fallen a record percentage in the last FIFTY years.
    Existing home sales have fallen a record percentage in the last TWENTY-SEVEN years.

    Being a landlord, I can't help but buy all I can this year. I make my profits by keeping my overhead low. Buying property cheap means I make more monthly profits. Lower price means less available depreciation on the old tax book, but the bottom line is still much better.

  • Real Estate Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2008 · 228 posts · 13 votes
    18y

    What's great about Kramer, he tells it like it is, he doesn't care what people think of him. Someone who started from the bottom and worked his way up, a true success story.

  • Real Estate Investor · Millsboro, DE · Member since 2008 · 480 posts · 26 votes
    18y

    Wasn't he accused of inflating stocks that he owned through hyping them on his show, then selling them off? I forget where I heard that. It was a few years ago.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.