INVESTORS! If you could start over, what would you do differently?

INVESTORS! If you could start over, what would you do differently?

Investor · Waconia, MN · Member since 2014 · 238 posts · 104 votes

The other trending thread was geared just towards RE agents so I thought we needed to start one just for the investors. What would you do differently if you could start over?

Me? I would have like to start investing sooner! I sold a couple of primary residence properties that would have made fantastic rentals and have also appreciated a lot since I sold and moved out.

0Reply
13 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Linda WeygantPro Member
    Investor and CPA · Arvada, CO · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    I had a condo in Boulder, CO that I bought in 1997, lived in for a few years, then rented for a few years and sold it in 2003.  I wish I would have kept it.  But then I also wish I'd made other decisions that didn't lead up to the need to sell it.

    From the time I sold it to the time I got back into the business last year, I constantly wished I hadn't sold it.

    I also wish I had gotten back into the business sooner.

  • Real Estate Investor · Apex, NC · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Hey Jedd - have you checked out the Real Estate Rewind?  I know it's not new or anything, but deals with that very topic from some very successful investors.  Highly recommended.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.