Hey BP! I haven't posted too much here. But I thought I could really use some advice to get to the next level...
1. Short Term = Buy, Rehab, Sell - Chicago Illinois area, or elsewhere
2. Long Term = Buy, Rehab, Refinance, Rent - Chicago Illinois area, or elsewhere
1.I have a great bank that's ready to finance 100% of given deal (acquisition + rehab costs). They can also refinance up to 80% LTV immediately after an appraisal if I intend to hold. Really nice!
2. I have a great general contractor on board that's willing to personally give estimates prior to purchase and a big enough crew to do quality jobs quickly.
1. The bank lends based on the asset, so they need an address and budget to move forward, I can't just get approval for "X" dollars unfortunately. The turn around time from submitting the budget to getting approval is about 5 days. This means from the moment I find a place on redfin or zillow let's say, I must arrange an estimate with the contractor and come up with a budget, this takes a few days in addition to the 5 days on the bank end. I have missed out on 2 deals very recently because of this turnaround time :(
How can I source potential deals more efficiently? Me searching the web is not cutting it.... is this something I should improve upon by myself or would bringing more people on board be beneficial, (like a good wholesaler???! Idk honestly)? I am basically in a position to pull the trigger, but need a target to shoot at. Has anyone ever had similar problems when starting out in RE? How did you conquer this obstacle?
I'm not faced with your problems yet - but the podcast section may offer some insight until other more experienced members reply.
I hope that helps.
I am in the Chicago area as well and have the same problem. Same strategy and ready to pull the trigger but no strong target. I would appreciate any advice from more seasoned investors in the Chicago Area.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
You must be a BiggerPockets member to post on the forums
Join the world's largest, most open Real Estate Investing Community online, 100% free forever!