Hey BP! I haven't posted too much here. But I thought I could really use some advice to get to the next level...
1. Short Term = Buy, Rehab, Sell - Chicago Illinois area, or elsewhere
2. Long Term = Buy, Rehab, Refinance, Rent - Chicago Illinois area, or elsewhere
1.I have a great bank that's ready to finance 100% of given deal (acquisition + rehab costs). They can also refinance up to 80% LTV immediately after an appraisal if I intend to hold. Really nice!
2. I have a great general contractor on board that's willing to personally give estimates prior to purchase and a big enough crew to do quality jobs quickly.
1. The bank lends based on the asset, so they need an address and budget to move forward, I can't just get approval for "X" dollars unfortunately. The turn around time from submitting the budget to getting approval is about 5 days. This means from the moment I find a place on redfin or zillow let's say, I must arrange an estimate with the contractor and come up with a budget, this takes a few days in addition to the 5 days on the bank end. I have missed out on 2 deals very recently because of this turnaround time :(
How can I source potential deals more efficiently? Me searching the web is not cutting it.... is this something I should improve upon by myself or would bringing more people on board be beneficial, (like a good wholesaler???! Idk honestly)? I am basically in a position to pull the trigger, but need a target to shoot at. Has anyone ever had similar problems when starting out in RE? How did you conquer this obstacle?
I'm not faced with your problems yet - but the podcast section may offer some insight until other more experienced members reply.
I hope that helps.
I am in the Chicago area as well and have the same problem. Same strategy and ready to pull the trigger but no strong target. I would appreciate any advice from more seasoned investors in the Chicago Area.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing