Is it a myth or reality? Can't seem to find...

4 Replies

I'm interested in finding a couple of decent wholesalers in my area to network with. The MLS has been good to me so far, but I'd like to start building a better pipeline to more consistent deals, and having a good wholesaler or two in the loop seems like a good step forward.

Seriously, though, it seems like the easiest ones to find all just got dropped off the guru truck. I've been searching through the Internet for a couple of days now, and they all just seem to have that "I'm faking it till I make it but I don't want to let you know it" vibe going on.

I've pretty much expected some of this going in. After all, the industry niche requiring the least amount of experience, capital or assumption of risk would naturally tend to attract the lowest quality players, right? Unfortunately, this type of individual is exactly what I don't need wasting my time - and (kick me out of the rah rah you can do it club if you want to, but) I tend to believe that good wholesaling requires a higher grade of horse.

So, SOMEBODY PLEASE SAVE ME A MINUTE HERE?! Anyone have a thought on where to find (and vet) a productive wholesaler? Where do these people hang out? Is it a myth, or do these folks really exist? If they are real, I sure hope they're better at finding deals than they are at being visible and reachable.

Any thoughts, comments or feedback would be richly appreciated.

Go to your local REI club meetings. Talk to some folks. You'll be able to sort the wheat from the chaff pretty quickly there.

agree w/ @Linda above.  The simple fact is 9 out of 10 "wholesalers" you run into will be that guy.

If the MLS has been working for you, I would keep checking it for promising deals.

I would focus on networking with other Real Estate Investors.  If finding the deal isn't your strength, you may find an investor who finds more deals than he can handle.

Originally posted by @Linda Weygant :

Go to your local REI club meetings. Talk to some folks. You'll be able to sort the wheat from the chaff pretty quickly there.

I was hoping to not have to do that! Between working my job and doing rehab work, time is already at a premium. If I can find properties online, obtain soft/hard money funding online and by phone, share ideas with you folks online... I was hoping to go back to the well one more time. 

Thank you for the suggestion, I am seriously considering taking your advice.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.