Is it a myth or reality? Can't seem to find...

Is it a myth or reality? Can't seem to find...

Specialist · Harrison Township, MI · Member since 2015 · 54 posts · 23 votes

I'm interested in finding a couple of decent wholesalers in my area to network with. The MLS has been good to me so far, but I'd like to start building a better pipeline to more consistent deals, and having a good wholesaler or two in the loop seems like a good step forward.

Seriously, though, it seems like the easiest ones to find all just got dropped off the guru truck. I've been searching through the Internet for a couple of days now, and they all just seem to have that "I'm faking it till I make it but I don't want to let you know it" vibe going on.

I've pretty much expected some of this going in. After all, the industry niche requiring the least amount of experience, capital or assumption of risk would naturally tend to attract the lowest quality players, right? Unfortunately, this type of individual is exactly what I don't need wasting my time - and (kick me out of the rah rah you can do it club if you want to, but) I tend to believe that good wholesaling requires a higher grade of horse.

So, SOMEBODY PLEASE SAVE ME A MINUTE HERE?! Anyone have a thought on where to find (and vet) a productive wholesaler? Where do these people hang out? Is it a myth, or do these folks really exist? If they are real, I sure hope they're better at finding deals than they are at being visible and reachable.

Any thoughts, comments or feedback would be richly appreciated.

0Reply
10 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Linda WeygantPro Member
    Investor and CPA · Arvada, CO · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    Go to your local REI club meetings. Talk to some folks. You'll be able to sort the wheat from the chaff pretty quickly there.

  • Real estate investor · Las Vegas · Member since 2013 · 798 posts · 171 votes
    11y

    agree w/ @Linda above.  The simple fact is 9 out of 10 "wholesalers" you run into will be that guy.

  • Herndon, VA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 324 votes
    11y

    If the MLS has been working for you, I would keep checking it for promising deals.

    I would focus on networking with other Real Estate Investors.  If finding the deal isn't your strength, you may find an investor who finds more deals than he can handle.

  • Specialist · Harrison Township, MI · Member since 2015 · 54 posts · 23 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Linda Weygant:

    Go to your local REI club meetings. Talk to some folks. You'll be able to sort the wheat from the chaff pretty quickly there.

     I was hoping to not have to do that! Between working my job and doing rehab work, time is already at a premium. If I can find properties online, obtain soft/hard money funding online and by phone, share ideas with you folks online... I was hoping to go back to the well one more time. 

    Thank you for the suggestion, I am seriously considering taking your advice.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.