House Flipping - Financing with Conventional Loan and P2P Lending

House Flipping - Financing with Conventional Loan and P2P Lending

Investor · Denver, PA · Member since 2015 · 193 posts · 55 votes

Hi All,

Here is my latest plan to raise the funds needed to start flipping houses in 2016. Please let me know if you think it will work or not. I will be buying houses that need work obviously, but not ones that need so much work that they are not livable. 

Example House Price: $50,000

Example Renovation Cost: $20,000

House Downpayment: 25%

Mortgage Interest Rate: 4.5%

Loan from Lending Club for $30,000 at 7% (in case it goes over budget)

Do you see any issues with this financing strategy, or do you think it would work out well? I'd prefer to stay away from hard money because of the high interest rates, but that is an option as well. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

0Reply
21 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Lakewood, CO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Depending on your bank loan, they may require that the down payment is paid with non-borrowed funds.

  • Investor · Denver, PA · Member since 2015 · 193 posts · 55 votes
    11y

    Hi Bryan,

    I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. I would do the 25% down payment + Closing costs on the house with my own money that I've saved up. And then I would simply get a loan from Lending Club or Prosper for only the renovations.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.