Wholesaler · Pawtucket, RI · Member since 2014 · 54 posts · 15 votes
I m moving to the citrus county florida area. I am doing some direct mail as I am a wholesaler and I wanted to reach out and see if there are any biggerpockets members in the area. Citrus county includes inverness, Beverly Hills, Black Diamond, Citrus Hills, Citrus Springs, Crystal River, Floral City, Hernando, Homosassa Springs, Homosassa, Inverness Lecanto. I havent found a wholesale deal there yet. I do have alot of seller finance deals on deck. How is this market?
Contractor · Inverness, FL · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 9 votes
9y
I am a newbie REI. I have my State contractors license and recently received my state real estate license. I have lived in Citrus County all my life. I'm currently saving and learning as much as I can before making the plunge. From what I can tell the best method to find deals right now is driving for dollars.
Investor · Lutz, FL · Member since 2016 · 66 posts · 17 votes
10y
Wayne, Welcome to Florida. I am in Tampa Bay area (south of citrus county) but visit Hernando county often. I have a friend who recently started investing in hernando county. I am a newbie investor so can't say about wholesaling there but I am trying to meet fellow local investors, maybe for a BP meet up sometime?
Inverness, FL · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 2 votes
10y
Welcome to Citrus County! I live in Inverness and just started my first campaign to wholesale. Only received a few phone calls so far to non-motivated sellers. Rental market is doing very well here and property values have increased. I'm new to investing but have lived here for years so let me know if I can be of any help.
Wholesaler · Pawtucket, RI · Member since 2014 · 54 posts · 15 votes
10y
I have a seller finance deal in inverness. 10,000 down 40,000 full price. No interest. its a 2/2 it could be a 3/2 one room dont have a closet. Its on a little over 1 acre of land . No rehab. It does need a dumpster for all the left items of the home owner. 365 a month/ taxes a year are 200
I'm currently working with some individuals in the Citrus County area. There are some motivated sellers but in doing some research I noticed there is a pending lawsuit with a firm promising high returns and tsking their clients money is what the lawsuit alleges. This may affect supply in the area.
Wholesaler · Pawtucket, RI · Member since 2014 · 54 posts · 15 votes
10y
I have the deal locked up kris. I think your making your self confused with your clients, and firms. Seller knows I'm assigning, and title company is investor friendly. Inbox me if you are interested!
Contractor · Inverness, FL · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 9 votes
9y
I am a newbie REI. I have my State contractors license and recently received my state real estate license. I have lived in Citrus County all my life. I'm currently saving and learning as much as I can before making the plunge. From what I can tell the best method to find deals right now is driving for dollars.
Realtor · Crystal River · Member since 2021 · 33 posts · 13 votes
4y
Hello, Wayne!
I realize you posted this years ago but I figured I would still jump in to comment on the changing scape.
I am a Realtor® here in Citrus County, and short term rentals are extremely popular in this area, especially Crystal River, Homosassa, and Chaz. It is still pretty common in Beverly Hills, though, too, but obviously you find the waterfront properties elsewhere.
It is worth noting that short term rentals are not currently allowed in Crystal River, but they are flourishing still. However, Homosassa and Chaz are STR friendly.
As for wholesaling, that is not as common in the area, but it does exist. I have spoken with a few. Hang in there. Persistence is key!