• Investor
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Votes |
Grand Rapids Mi. Rental property Heating and Plumbing inspection

Gary Fraser-Lee
  • Investor
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Posted Mar 9 2017, 06:51

As part of the City of Grand Rapids rental property inspection, i need to get my furnace and hot water heater "approved".   As part of that I need to get a liner installed in my chimney where the hot water and furnace are vented to.    I need to re-do the venting a bit after the liner is installed.   While I am doing that I am going to get a new water heater.

I have two estimates, one that I like from "the" major plumbing and heating store in G.R., but they will not file the approval certificate with the city after the work is done...  almost sounded like a protest statement between that business and the city (I don't blame them).

So fellow GR landlords;  who knows a good plumbing/heating contractor that is registered with the city to do these inspections and file paperwork along with getting a new hot water heater and chimney liner / venting work done?   OR a registered contractor that will simply inspect and file the paperwork after I have the fore-mentioned contractor do the actual work?

Loading replies...