Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing
Account Closed
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Where is the best place to start as a college student?

Account Closed
  • Fort Worth, TX
Posted Oct 15 2017, 15:56

A little bit of background before I get started: 21-year-old, college student, ROTC cadet (Air Force), currently work as a server. I put in my two-weeks-notice at my serving job because the money wasn't worth all the time and effort that I was putting into the job.

Because I am leaving this job, I have been applying to other jobs, but I'm not exactly excited to start anywhere. I would much rather put my time and effort into something that: a) might make me more money, b) will be time invested into something that I am interested in doing beyond college, and c) will have more of a flexible hour timeframe.

The difficulty lies in funding, and also, the type of real estate investing. Not a whole lot of private lenders (I assume) are willing to hand their hard-earned money to a 21-year-old. I am looking for recommendations on what kinds of real estate investing require the least amount of funding out of pocket, I'd like to avoid hard-money lending if possible. I've been looking at wholesaling, because I've heard of double-closings.

I realize I don't know a whole lot, I'm absorbing as much as I can, and am continuously reading books and listening to the BP podcast. I feel like I need to work on a deal to really start getting a good head on my shoulders but have no idea where to start.

HELP!

Loading replies...